Task (skipped)

David Stanton

Not sure if the last update has changed either Tasks, Scope or Tags but i have a few Tasks that i use each week that now report as Skipped and doesn't seem to matter if i change the script that Task is using or which Scope.

Running the Script against the actual Device works.

Anyone else noticed this??

3 hours ago, David Stanton said:

Not sure if the last update has changed either Tasks, Scope or Tags but i have a few Tasks that i use each week that now report as Skipped and doesn't seem to matter if i change the script that Task is using or which Scope.

Running the Script against the actual Device works.

Anyone else noticed this??

Yes. I'm having this exact issue and reported it yesterday.  I still have no update on why.  But yes, it's a big deal as a run a lot of custom automation and alerts off tasks.

@Jamie Taylor This seems to be more than just me, can we please get an update on this?  I have a case open already about it.  

• Staff
Hello! We have identified the problem to be in the Windows Agent (v8.8.4) and have released an update (v8.8.5) to resolve the issue. It will take about 24 hours for all agents to pick up the update (36 hours for customers hosting their own server (on-premise version)). In the meantime to combat the issue you can run the following Powershell command, using Powershell terminal to get the automation working again right away:
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor' -Name 'EnableAutomation' -Value '1'

Important: The Powershell script is only necessary in case you can't wait for the automatic 8.8.5 agent update and need access to automation immediately. In all other instances, the agent will be updated automatically and the issue will get resolved without the need for manual intervention. 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

13 minutes ago, Victoria - Pulseway Team said:
Hello! We have identified the problem to be in the Windows Agent (v8.8.4) and have released an update (v8.8.5) to resolve the issue. It will take about 24 hours for all agents to pick up the update (36 hours for customers hosting their own server (on-premise version)). In the meantime to combat the issue you can run the following Powershell command, using Powershell terminal to get the automation working again right away:
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor' -Name 'EnableAutomation' -Value '1'

Important: The Powershell script is only necessary in case you can't wait for the automatic 8.8.5 agent update and need access to automation immediately. In all other instances, the agent will be updated automatically and the issue will get resolved without the need for manual intervention. 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Hi Victoria, are you able to provide any more additional details?  I'm very curious as version 8.8.4 had been out for a bit of time before seeing this issue, and it seems like it just started happening yesterday.  Do you know what triggered it or what the root cause was? 

I've also found going to the machines in the Web UI, at least for me, and clicking Update forces the update to 8.8.5.  

image.png.afc95902bf0d0d94835816f717584f39.png

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Mark G38 said:

Hi Victoria, are you able to provide any more additional details?  I'm very curious as version 8.8.4 had been out for a bit of time before seeing this issue, and it seems like it just started happening yesterday.  Do you know what triggered it or what the root cause was? 

I've also found going to the machines in the Web UI, at least for me, and clicking Update forces the update to 8.8.5.  

image.png.afc95902bf0d0d94835816f717584f39.png

Hey Mark,

Agent version 8.8.4 was released on Monday and it takes about 24 hours to propagate so I think you may be confusing this with the solution 8.8.3 release.

-Paul

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Hey Mark,

Agent version 8.8.4 was released on Monday and it takes about 24 hours to propagate so I think you may be confusing this with the solution 8.8.3 release.

-Paul

Possibly.  Either way, do we know the root cause?  Can we get an informational post for each update that is released that explains what enhancements or bug fixes are resolved in that specific release? 

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Mark G38 said:

Possibly.  Either way, do we know the root cause?  Can we get an informational post for each update that is released that explains what enhancements or bug fixes are resolved in that specific release? 

Hi Mark,

Release notes are in the about section of the Pulseway Manager for the Windows agent. We usually only announce major product improvements but we will consider extending the granularity of our announcements.

-Paul

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Hi Mark,

Release notes are in the about section of the Pulseway Manager for the Windows agent. We usually only announce major product improvements but we will consider extending the granularity of our announcements.

-Paul

I see, thanks.  Yes, having this info in a different section, perhaps in the What's New or just some central place, even a thread where only Pulseway members can post, would be nice instead of having to log onto a physical machine to see the release notes.

image.png.aa18c71656857be8157fd9e21fcba74b.png