Deploy Agent without shortcuts

JKchess

I am new to Pulseway, and have noticed that when I deploy manually by downloading the .msi and running as a local admin that the Pulseway Manager shortcuts get added to the desktop and the start menu.  However, if I use a probe and deploy via mass deployment that the agent still gets deployed but without any shortcuts.  Is there a way to replicate this behavior (no shortcuts) when running locally? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Hi JKchess,

Did you find an answer to this question ?

Personnaly what I did is configure a Automation - Workflows whit the New system detected and added a script in there to delete the shortcut. I also added a couple of script to install default stuff or certain policies I want for Windows Workstation. 

Here is the delete script. It will delete the shortcut form the public folder and list all the users folder to delete it. Hope this help. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REM delete from Public Desktop
del /s "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Pulseway Manager.lnk" /f /q

REM delete from All Users Desktop
del /s /q C:\windows\temp\list_dirs.txt

dir /b C:\users\* > C:\windows\temp\list_dirs.txt

FOR /F "tokens=*" %%I IN ('type C:\windows\temp\list_dirs.txt') DO del /S /Q "C:\Users\%%I\desktop\Pulseway Manager.lnk"

del /s /q C:\windows\temp\list_dirs.txt

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________