Not showing the Pulseway Manager

Perry

Ok need to know how to not show the Pulseway manager after install. We cannot always install onsite and have issues with employees changing settings. Plus how do we change setting in the pulseway manager remotely, sadly manager has more power over the the monitoring system.

Hi, 

I have a script that runs on new PC being discovered (via the Workflows)

Remove-Item 'C:\Users\*\Desktop\Pulseway Manager.lnk'
Remove-Item 'C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Pulseway Manager.lnk'

Everything in the Pulseway Manager Agent, can be configured remotely in Server Admin > Policies, and applied accordingly. 

• 4 months later...

Hi there, 

I have a similar question, the answer from WYE helped for hiding the shortcuts. but I have an additional question.

During the installation the Pulseway manager window pops up over the installation dialogue, the end-user then has to click 'OK' on the Pulseway manager screen to then click 'Finish' on the installation.

Is there any way to prevent Pulseway manager screen from popping up at all at the end on the installation?

Kind regards

Paul

• 1 month later...

Hi Mark, 

That's perfect, thank you. Assuming though, that the end user is in a workgroup and not in a domain or policy controlled environment. How would I go about sending them a link on a email to download and install the client without the Pulseway manager screen from popping up at all at the end on the installation?

Cheers

Paul

3 hours ago, Powloj said:

Hi Mark, 

That's perfect, thank you. Assuming though, that the end user is in a workgroup and not in a domain or policy controlled environment. How would I go about sending them a link on a email to download and install the client without the Pulseway manager screen from popping up at all at the end on the installation?

Cheers

Paul

A workgroup setup is going to be a bit more tricky, but still mostly doable.  Pulseway has an agent deployment via a network probe option as well.  You can select 1 machine that has the agent installed already as a probe, and use that machine to scan the network for other machines.  At which point you can select the other machines to deploy Pulseway to, and enter necessary credentials, and then it will attempt to deploy to them.  

There are some caveats to this of course, because it needs access to the \admin$\ share on a machine, which most times, Windows has already defaulted to disabled.  So you'd need to psexec to the remote machines (or access the remote machines some other way) and enable it via registry changes.

“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System”

Set a DWord called LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and set the value to 1.  Reboot.  

The last option I can think of is build yourself a Batch or PowerShell file that calls the installer using the CLI commands that Pulseway accepts and thus, making it silent after they run PS/Batch file. 

Edited by Mark G38