Kaspersky licenses in use on devices that are unavailable with no way of disabling them - SOLUTION!

Maruco

Hey guys,

we had an issue for quite a while now regarding installed KAV licenses on devices that we are not able to access anymore - either the client removed the device from support before we were able to uninstall the Pulseway agent+KAV license or the device has malfunctioned and rendered obsolete.

We do realize the proper procedure would be to uninstall the PWY agent and with it the KAV license goes too, but there are cases when it just isn't possible. Regarding the agent, it is possible to remove the device from within the ACCOUNT - MANAGE SYSTEMS - REMOVE SYSTEM part of the dashboard, but no such feature is available for the AV licenses.

At this point it's costing us 100s of EUR and the support just gave us vague suggestions that do not work and at the end they just ditched us with "our developers have something more important do to at this point and eventually, we'll get back to you" but let us first charge you for something that you're not using.

Has anyone encountered a solution to this issue (provided someone had this issue at all...)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Maruco

• Administrators

Hello Maruco,

Thank you for raising this issue with us. We will definitely review your support case to improve the quality of our support responses, let me apologize for the poor experience you've had with us. While it is true that most of our development team is booked with an upcoming release we definitely can handle escalations.

For the systems that you no longer have access to, you should be able to remove the RMM agent registration from the Account -> Manage Systems section of the WebApp, this will also free any allocated addon licenses too. Do remove the systems that you no longer have access to in order to release your AV licenses and then send me a PM. I'll arrange a refund for the antivirus licenses you were charged for and did not use.

-Paul

Hello Paul,

thanks for getting back to me.

See, this is the issue. At this point our dashboard shows that there are 83 of total 90 licences in use but, when I go to the ANTIVIRUS - AGENT STATUS it shows total of 27 installed AV licences... so 56 licences are occupied by non-existent devices since they were already removed from the ACCONT - MANAGE SYSTEMS.

So this does not work regarding your suggestion: 

On 12/3/2020 at 11:13 AM, Paul said:

For the systems that you no longer have access to, you should be able to remove the RMM agent registration from the Account -> Manage Systems section of the WebApp, this will also free any allocated addon licenses too.

Thanks

Hello Paul,

an (honest) update to this topic.

I had a conference call with the technician and it was pointed out to me that the (only?) part where you actually tie the devices to the used licenses is when you generate a separate report through REPORTING - TEMPLATES - PULSEWAY ANTIVIRUS. As said, this is the part where you get ALL the devices that have or have not installed licenses on them, in the header you get the same USED vs. UNUSED pie chart of total AV licenses and then you can manually count and check if the actual installs tie up to that info.

To be honest, it was a mistake from my side (thinking that there were licenses charged that are not in use) but I believe it was a honest one - figure this: if you go to the ANTIVIRUS - AGENT STATUS and then the only place where you see numbers is on the big blue buttons at the bottom. What I did is that I selected ALL statuses in the STATUS segment and it showed to me two sets of numbers "INSTALL XX" and "UNINSTALL YY". As it was pointed out to me this represents ONLY ONLINE SYSTEMS that actually can be manipulated either way with them buttons. And IT DOES MAKE SENSE NOW, but also I believe someone else might do the same - count X + Y and see a difference of Z systems that are "missing".

You can count INSTALLED systems manually on the scroll page shown in the same section or (WRONG) just "count" the numbers underneath as I did and make a mistake.

As said, the buttons only represent ONLINE systems (to install or uninstall AV)

Not sure if you guys could do anything regarding this (not needing to generate an actual report to see ALL of the systems that are using the AV licenses and not only the ONLINE ones) but I believe someone else might find this an issue too.

Hopefully that person will find this tread before reaching out and bothering you guys.

Anyhow, thanks to the whole bunch that reached out and helped, great people with a great product (that might be a bit confusing at times).

Cheers!

• Maruco changed the title to Kaspersky licenses in use on devices that are unavailable with no way of disabling them - SOLUTION!