Logout notification not being sent

Tijl Schoonenberg

Hello,

I have just registered and configured two Linux-based systems (both openSUSE Leap 42.3) and have been able to receive notifications about system down/up events as well as notifications about services not being started. This works perfectly well.

What received my attention is that:

* Shutdown notifications are not being sent. I have found out on this forum that this may be caused by the event being sent after the network interface has been taken down, so I am just ignoring it. Nonetheless: can you confirm this behaviour?

* Notifications about user login events are being sent correctly, whereas notifications about user logout events are not.

The latter is a minor issue to us, but it creates a difference in how Linux systems behave when compared to Windows systems. So I am still curious whether or not this is a know issue or something is wrong in our configuration. If this issue turns out to be a known one I will document it in stead.

The relevant line: <UserLogsOut Priority="2" Enabled="True"/> under <Notifications>

Thanks in advance, Tijl

• 1 year later...

Hello,

This post has been dormant for a while, but the problem is still persisting.

Some extra/new information that may be relevant:

- Our endpoint policy sets notifications for both events (login and logout) to enabled with priority low (3 in the config.xml)

- In the config.xml both events confirm these settings, they both are set to Enabled="true" and Priority="3"

- I have just installed the Pulseway Agent on a Debian-based applicance (Bullseye, deb-based install of the Pulseway Agent) and both notifications are correctly being sent, it goes wrong with the same settings on our two SUSE distributions (openSUSE Leap 15.3, rpm-based install of the Pulseway Agent)

Can you confirm this behavior?

Kind regards,

Tijl Schoonenberg

DESAN Research Solutions