Email Parser and Outbound Email Configuration in PSA

PaulP

I am currently unable to connect the e-mail parser to new company email. We changed from Google Gsuite to Office 365, but none of the configuration settings work. I am seeing the following message when testing connection. Aside from the issue of "$" in the password. Is there anything else I can be running into? Do they not support StartTLS?

I have issues with outbound email setup as well as Email Parser. There is a pic of screen with error messages and config parameters.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 12.09.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 5.25.00 PM.png

Hello @PaulP, I had similar issues with our O365 integration:

Configure Encryption Type to SSL, with Server Port to be 993

or

Configure Encryption Type to TLS, with Server Port to be 143

Also, I set the Mailbox name to be the email address of the mailbox (e.g. Mailbox name, Email and Username were all the same). 

In regards to the Outbound email section, I couldn't get TLS working with port 587, but SSL with 587 does work. My gut says this is a PSA issue, as we're following the MS guidelines... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-microsoft-365-or-office-365

Let us know if this helps? 

Wye, in regards to parser setup, I followed your suggestion to change the Mailbox name, Email and Username to be all the same. The changes were not passing the test phase. if I try 993 with SSL and 143 for TLS and still cannot pass connection test

• 1 year later...

Hi, I would like to know whether you have solved this problem. I came across this a month ago when trying to connect my mail and old software to sort my emails. For some reason, it always gave an error, although, before that, everything worked fine. I already work through linkedin sales navigator scraper, but I would like to restore the previous account and work as before. After all, your post was written some time ago, and I will be glad if you share with other users and me how you solved this problem.

• 8 months later...