Probe deployment for different IP Ranges/Subnets

rwgs

• Administrators

The discovery probe allows you to scan all reachable private IP subnets based on the assigned IP addresses to the NICs. We also have an option that allows the probe to include public networks in the scans as well.

-Paul

On 9/8/2020 at 7:53 AM, AC_Martin_J said:

I have installed a probe on a couple of computers+servers in our environment, and they only find clients within the same subnet. I'm able to ping devices in other subnets and access them with SMB-shares etc, but they are not found with a single probe.

Yes this is what I'm looking for. I want to be able to install across different subnets. How quickly can this be added?

• 2 years later...
On 9/7/2020 at 3:05 AM, Paul said:

The discovery probe allows you to scan all reachable private IP subnets based on the assigned IP addresses to the NICs. We also have an option that allows the probe to include public networks in the scans as well.

-Paul

While the "public network" option may seem like a good idea, it doesn't allow for specific subnet probing.  It also did not pick up the other two subnets for remote sites which are connected via routed (VTI based) VPN tunnels with that option ticked.  That's despite them being in Active Directory.  Please include an option to add subnets to the probe's scope so that it will look on those networks as well as the home subnet.