Hosting options for Mobile PC Monitor Enterprise

Any one want to share info on the hosting setups they are using?

I was hosting internally and moved my server to Amazon ec2 with VPC. I monitor approximately 30 machines. My cost is going to be around $50 - $60 a month.

Would like to hear feedback from other Enterprise Users....

• Administrators

I don't currently own any Enterprise servers however I think you can host it in a VPS too and exponentially cut the costs. Not really sure if this applies to your case however you can try asking for some free trials at some various hosting companies and see the result. I consider 50$ a bit much for a restrictive instance with 30 monitored pcs.

Edited by Paul

• Administrators

Usually there are no problems with the uptime, as for reliability and snapshots, most hosting companies also offer you backups or full VM snapshots depending on the package you choose.

But yes if it's only 50$ a month it's not that bad for all those features..

Edited by Paul

Yes. I was curious if there were any other users with good experiences as I am new to the cloud hosted as I have always kept my own servers in a colo facility but tired of the cost of maintaining and replacing my servers...I am finding that cloud hosted is about half the cost of just my colo (Full Rack) rental here in California.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am running an m1.small.  I monitor about 50 or so machines.  I prepaid for an entire year based on 365 day uptime.  Total for the month is $38.96 including taxes

Instance Family General Purpose

Instance Type  m1.small

Processor Arch 32-bit or 64-bit

vCPU 1

ECU 1

Memory (GiB) 1.7

Instance Storage (GB) 1 x 160

Network Performance low

Details:  https://picasaweb.google.com/marinhd/Amazon?authuser=0&feat=directlink