Unknown Connection Error

grumpa43

I just installed PC Monitor on a Windows XP SP3 PC (nothing special about it - fully up to date). All I get is "unknown connection error" when trying to access it using iPhone 3Gs. Is there some Port Forwarding I should be doing? There is no Firewall blocking, or AV software.

Thanks for any/all help.

• Administrators

Hi, looks like there's a problem with the iPhone app not the PC app. To make sure can you please try to access https://my.pulseway.com using your account username and password and make sure you can see the computer?

I would recommend deleting the app from the iPhone and installing it again - please let me know if that worked.

Just in case ... when I first installed the PC Monitor App I did not have the Windows service installed, and I went about trying to "try" and modify some of the App's settings. Maybe this "jumped the gun" and never re-configured properly.

Again, thanks.

• Administrators

Just in case ... when I first installed the PC Monitor App I did not have the Windows service installed, and I went about trying to "try" and modify some of the App's settings. Maybe this "jumped the gun" and never re-configured properly.

Again, thanks.

This is not the cause of the issue, you can configure it any way you like before even installing the PC Monitor app on any computers. When you will try to connect to the server you will get a message like "Invalid username/password" as there is no account created.

The "Unknown connection error" can occur when:

• In 99% of cases the "Use Dedicated Server" option is selected with wrong or empty custom server address - this should not be selected unless you have a PC Monitor Enterprise Server installed in your organization
  • iOS 5 BETA is installed (we managed to reproduce this on our testing devices) - the only solution is to restart the device (reboot)
  • Configuration settings on the device are corrupt - in this case an app remove/install should solve the issue

• 2 years later...

HI,

I'm getting this error on iOS when trying to connect to a dedicated server.

My setup:

- PC Monitor Enterprise Server running on local business server (not hosted online as part of our domain, local only)

- iOS devices connected on WiFi network

- iOS devices are on the domain and can resolve the host-name when pinging or connecting to the web interface

- No internal firewall restrictions apply

- SSL certificate has been added to the profile

- Server name is in the format of "server.domain.com.au"

- Tested and working on my Windows client using same PC Monitor user and server settings and same WiFi network (DNS are the same as iOS devices as well)

- Running iOS 7.0.4

- Latest version of PC Monitor running on iOS and desktop

I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. By confirming that my desktop can connect means there is no problems with the internal routes using that WiFi network and being able to connect to the server via browser/ping/SSH on the iOS devices means that i can resolve the host-name so the DNS is working correctly. 

I have deleted and re-installed the app, reboot the devices, tested on an iPhone and iPad (several of each). I am able to connect to my personal cloud account without any problems at all from these devices even when they are on our business network.

Let me know if you need more info about our environment or the device setup.

• Administrators

Hi,

Please contact our support (support at mobilepcmonitor dot com) or send me a PM, we will help you with the configuration and solving this issue.

Thanks