Change configuration on multiple servers

Jan C. Nielsen

We have made take over from another hosting company.

Now i got 130 servers without Disk-configuration notifications, as it has not been copied in deployment of Pulseway.

The Policy in Pulseway is used to send critical alerts.

How to configure over 130 servers without changeing notifications manualy?

• Administrators

Hi Jan,

A policy can have system and non-system drives notifications configured and it should let you pick a priority. Would this not work for you?

-Paul

22 hours ago, Paul said:

Hi Jan,

A policy can have system and non-system drives notifications configured and it should let you pick a priority. Would this not work for you?

-Paul

no - i would like to have a critical and an evaluated Pulseway policy on ram,cpu,disk, but it is not possible.

is it possible to make a Batch/script update of the 130 servers Pulseway configuration?

Edited by Jan C. Nielsen

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yes, it's possible, tell me what you need I'll make it happen.

-Paul

Polycy or script???

Need Evaluated disk size to 10% and disk size 2Gb Critical - CPU 90% Evaluated 15 minuts, CPU 90% Chritical 60 minuts - ram 3% Evaluated 15 minuts, ram 3% Chritical 60 minuts.

Is it possible to change til configuration/notifications on the local server, without logging in to 130 servers?

• Administrators

Jan,

Yes, it's possible to avoid having to connect to 130 servers however there are a couple of things to note. CPU and Memory notifications only support one threshold, only disk supports multiple thresholds. Also which partition you want me to create the notification checks for? 'c:'?

-Paul

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Jan,

Yes, it's possible to avoid having to connect to 130 servers however there are a couple of things to note. CPU and Memory notifications only support one threshold, only disk supports multiple thresholds. Also which partition you want me to create the notification checks for? 'c:'?

-Paul

some servers have a c-drive - some c- and d-drive, so i gues 2 scripts.

If you have a Pulseway Polycy "Critical" on CPU/RAM, does it overrule the local "Evaluated"?

On 8/13/2020 at 10:37 AM, Paul said:

Jan,

-Paul

If you have a Pulseway Polycy "Critical" on CPU/RAM, does it overrule the local "Evaluated"?

Still waiting on anser ...

• Administrators
On 8/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, Jan C. Nielsen said:

Policies always override local configuration (with the exception of the two storage notifications from the policy that target the system and non-system drives).

31 minutes ago, Jan C. Nielsen said:

Still waiting on anser ...

You can have a script check if there's a D drive to set a rule for that as well, maybe with a different threshold too.

-Paul

23 hours ago, Paul said:

Policies always override local configuration (with the exception of the two storage notifications from the policy that target the system and non-system drives).

You can have a script check if there's a D drive to set a rule for that as well, maybe with a different threshold too.

-Paul

ok - but what has to bee in the script, to change Disk-size notification on a server?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jan, 

This is all theory - but it may point you in the right direction. Use PowerShell to update the settings for the Agent:

Set-Itemproperty -path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor' -Name 'SendNotificationOnLowHDDSpace' -value '1'

Then look in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList keys:

It appears to have two values for each notification. I've configured two alerts for my single disk (as that's all I have on this PC) and this is what i get:

image.png.2cf8a8267d2215b9cbb14cfcf010bfe4.png

image.png.3ac9a4dab6a01e3a865122c9d512158d.png

You could easily use Get-Disk to figure out if there is a second disk, and if so, apply the relevant notification and configuration in the agent via the Set-ItemProperty cmdlet.

Do let us know how you get on and\or if this helps? 

WYE

• Administrators

I've recently built this script which also identifies the serial number of the disk to fill in the ID field:

$query = 'SELECT VolumeSerialNumber FROM Win32_LogicalDisk where DriveType=3 AND Name=''' + $env:SystemDrive + ''''
$serialNumber = (gwmi -Query $query).VolumeSerialNumber

$count = 0

# rule 1: < 5000MB - Elevated
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('Id' + $count) -Value $serialNumber
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('Percentage' + $count) -Value '15' # not used
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('Priority' + $count) -Value '2' # elevated
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('SizeMB' + $count) -Value '5000'
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('UsePercentage' + $count) -Value '0'
$count = $count + 1

# rule 2: < 2000MB - Critical
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('Id' + $count) -Value $serialNumber
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('Percentage' + $count) -Value '15' # not used
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('Priority' + $count) -Value '3' # critical
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('SizeMB' + $count) -Value '2000'
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('UsePercentage' + $count) -Value '0'
$count = $count + 1

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name 'Count' -Value $count
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor' -Name 'SendNotificationOnLowHDDSpace' -Value '1'

-Paul

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 1:57 PM, WYE said:

Hi Jan, 

This is all theory - but it may point you in the right direction. Use PowerShell to update the settings for the Agent:

Set-Itemproperty -path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor' -Name 'SendNotificationOnLowHDDSpace' -value '1'

Then look in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList keys:

It appears to have two values for each notification. I've configured two alerts for my single disk (as that's all I have on this PC) and this is what i get:

image.png.2cf8a8267d2215b9cbb14cfcf010bfe4.png

image.png.3ac9a4dab6a01e3a865122c9d512158d.png

You could easily use Get-Disk to figure out if there is a second disk, and if so, apply the relevant notification and configuration in the agent via the Set-ItemProperty cmdlet.

Do let us know how you get on and\or if this helps? 

WYE

Just what i was looking for :-)

Thanks

On 9/15/2020 at 2:23 PM, Paul said:

I've recently built this script which also identifies the serial number of the disk to fill in the ID field:

$query = 'SELECT VolumeSerialNumber FROM Win32_LogicalDisk where DriveType=3 AND Name=''' + $env:SystemDrive + ''''

$count = 0

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('Priority' + $count) -Value '2' # elevated
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('SizeMB' + $count) -Value '5000'
$count = $count + 1

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('Priority' + $count) -Value '3' # critical
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name ('SizeMB' + $count) -Value '2000'
$count = $count + 1

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\HDDList' -Name 'Count' -Value $count
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor' -Name 'SendNotificationOnLowHDDSpace' -Value '1'

-Paul

If only your distribution tool did that - the serial af the harddisk is the same om my 130 servers...

But thank you for the script to make it work :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Paul. This saved me a fair bit of guess and check.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:23 AM, Paul said:

$count = 0

$count = $count + 1

$count = $count + 1

-Paul