Failed Kaspersky / Bitdefender forced uninstallation

Richard T

I used the pulseway management system to push out Kaspersky to a few desktops for testing, some of the installationsfailed because of 'kaspersky endpoint security is not compatible with the network agent lower than 10.0' on some desktops. Pulseway only gives the option to 'reboot' when this occurs.

If you then try installing Bitdefender (which I bought with our desktop licenses), it installs correctly, updates and then magically vanishes like it was never installed after a few minutes of running.

An event in the log is then present with the same Kasperky not compatible with the network agent error message as if Pulseway was trying to re-install kaspersky again forcing bitdefender to remove itself.

As pulseway does not have a 'Cancel installation' when the prior Kaspersky deployment attempt fails - the work around I found was to

• Uninstall Pulseway Agent
  • Install Bitdefender
  • Reinstall/redeploy Pulseway agent

I do prefer the intergration that Pulseway has with Kaspersky and would love to know what timeframes (if at all) we are looking at for the same level of integration. 

• Administrators

Hello Richard,

We are looking for integrating with Bitdefender in the next quarter. We'll be looking into the "cancel installation" command.

-Paul

Hi Paul.

Thank you for your response. 

I look forward to the integration.

If I can also suggest an option to queue up an uninstall Kaspersky task on systems that are offline rather than being able to uninstall only when powered on. This would be useful for remote systems that are powered on once in a while.

Regards