Patch Management Reboot/Notification Customization

Parallax Abstraction

I just signed up for Pulseway to monitor a small client of my side business. I am in the process of setting up patch management for workstations. I would like the systems to prompt the end users to reboot upon installing updates but Pulseway seems to be very restrictive in how it lets you set that up. It looks like all I can do is have it reboot immediately or give the users a 5 minute warning with a generic message.

I work with a competitor product at my day job and it allows us to specify whatever message we want, set whatever timer amount we want and allow the users to defer the updates as many times as we want or force a reboot after a certain number of deferments. It does not appear Pulseway provides any of this customizability.

It would be very nice to have these options so I can have choices other than forcing end users to reboot during the day or having systems that potentially go days without a reboot after installation.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Paul
removed the competitor product name

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Any word on this? I have a few customers now complaining about it because with timezones patches are released just as our business day starts. Lots of forced reboots during 9am meetings.

I'll be disabling the feature for now and instead have to rely on a powershell script to check for pending reboots and leverage this script to prompt for a reboot. https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Custom-PowerShell-GUI-7c7fbda8 

• 5 months later...
On 8/13/2020 at 5:29 AM, Patrick K said:

Any word on this? I have a few customers now complaining about it because with timezones patches are released just as our business day starts. Lots of forced reboots during 9am meetings.

I'll be disabling the feature for now and instead have to rely on a powershell script to check for pending reboots and leverage this script to prompt for a reboot. https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Custom-PowerShell-GUI-7c7fbda8 

Were you able to successfully use that script as a workaround?

• 1 year later...

Is this any further in 2022?

Running patch management manually at the moment as the rudimentary option to notify users 5 minutes before the reboot is cumbersome and would end in many strongly worded emails to my department. (and has done already) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 6:51 AM, Ageless_ZA said:

Is this any further in 2022?

Running patch management manually at the moment as the rudimentary option to notify users 5 minutes before the reboot is cumbersome and would end in many strongly worded emails to my department. (and has done already) 

• 1 month later...

I´m on this topic too, since I´m an MSP from Germany, would be great if there would be an ability to set own texts in the users language for notifications. 

Or texts at all like when a chat window is opened the text could be displayed in german would be perfect (think msp´s from other countries would love to see this as well for they language)

• 4 weeks later...