"Start Remote Control Session" Grayed Out

Mr_JimWest

I would like to move away from using TeamViewer. LTT was just advertising Pulseway, I thought I would try it out. I installed the Remote Control Desktop client (6.6.3) and the Dashboard client (6.5.1), and proceeded to set up an organization, group, site, and policy. Then I downloaded the "Agent" client to the desktop I would like to be able to remote into. I installed, registered my product, assigned it to my  group, and checked the "Enable Remote Control" box.

I was under the impression this is all I had to do.

Although both the Remote Control Desktop and Dashboard show the computer, I'm unable to "Start Remote Control Session". It's grayed out. Interestingly, I am able to view all of the system specs, and even successfully restart the computer via the website!

What might I be doing wrong?

Thank you for your time!

• Administrators

Hi Jim,

Thanks for stopping by, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of Pulseway.

I've checked our records and it looks like you're on the Free plan which doesn't support the remote desktop feature. I've activated a 2 week subscription on your account so you can give our Remote Desktop a go.

-Paul

• 3 weeks later...

So after a bit of banging my head on the desk over WHY my remote access was greyed out, I stumbled on this. The entire reason for downloading and trying this was to hopefully replace another remote app we are currently using. So how can I make sure this works before I commit to buying it?  How do ti get my remote desktop feature activated for the trial?

Will my end user ever have to type in my username/password and need an auth code on their end?  I would like to install this on the systems requiring remote assistance so I can log in when needed but not have to require them to interact with this process. Basically always on and ready for my remote session to start. Will this work in that manner?

• Administrators
On 2/3/2020 at 6:08 PM, CCPCTech said:

So after a bit of banging my head on the desk over WHY my remote access was greyed out, I stumbled on this. The entire reason for downloading and trying this was to hopefully replace another remote app we are currently using. So how can I make sure this works before I commit to buying it?  How do ti get my remote desktop feature activated for the trial?

Will my end user ever have to type in my username/password and need an auth code on their end?  I would like to install this on the systems requiring remote assistance so I can log in when needed but not have to require them to interact with this process. Basically always on and ready for my remote session to start. Will this work in that manner?

The end user will not need to enter anything. You will be able to remote into their computer in any active user session or at the console session.

-Paul

Thank you Paul on my second question. 

It's been a week and my first question as to how I get the remote control feature to work and test before I commit to several hundred dollars a year hasn't been resolved. The sales department has not responded either.

I am preliminarily interested in purchasing this.

My main objective is remote access without EU input and always on, waiting for me to connect anytime I need to.

I have several stations this will be purchased for.

How may I try out the remote control feature?

Edited by CCPCTech

• Administrators
7 hours ago, CCPCTech said:

Thank you Paul on my second question. 

It's been a week and my first question as to how I get the remote control feature to work and test before I commit to several hundred dollars a year hasn't been resolved. The sales department has not responded either.

I am preliminarily interested in purchasing this.

My main objective is remote access without EU input and always on, waiting for me to connect anytime I need to.

I have several stations this will be purchased for.

How may I try out the remote control feature?

I've activated a subscription for two weeks so you can give it a go. Let me know what you think of it :lol:.

-Paul

I have no policies. I'm keeping it simple, I desperately want to see if remote control works the way I need it to in order to switch over to this product from another I am using. The remote control option remains greyed out. 

After I have determined remote control works the way I need for getting work done then I will go on and play with the fancy settings, like policies.

Checked again this morning, remote control is still grayed out. I received an email informing me I have 7 days left. Still haven't been able to try remote control. Any chance this can work soon?

Edited by CCPCTech

I'm running out of time, I tried again this morning, still remote control is grayed out.  Is there any way possible to get this working to try the remote control feature??????  My trial is almost up and I need to find a remote alternative to the software I am using now.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:19 PM, CCPCTech said:

I've been informed by your support team there is no trial for the remote control, I have to purchase the product first. I don't feel comfortable plopping down hundreds of dollars not knowing if it will do what I need. 

• Administrators

Hi there,

I do apologise, when I have activated your trial subscription I have forgotten to remove the free account flag. Can you please try again now? I have also reset your trial period.

-Paul

55 minutes ago, Paul said:

Hi there,

I do apologise, when I have activated your trial subscription I have forgotten to remove the free account flag. Can you please try again now? I have also reset your trial period.

-Paul

Thank you, it's working!  So far so good, I'll test from another location tomorrow but it looks perfect and like I'll be buying a subscription ... so far.  Again, thank you for letting me try before I plop down a few hundred for this.

• 3 weeks later...

Similar to the OP,   I have heard about Pulseway from LTT and want to give it a go but remote options are greyed out. 

I use/have used several enterprise remote management products like SCCM, Intune, Meraki, KACE, ect  at work but I want to give Pulseway a try for my own systems and so far its great except the remote function. That's an essential feature that I would be using.

Can I try it out ? 

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, MrMill said:

Similar to the OP,   I have heard about Pulseway from LTT and want to give it a go but remote options are greyed out. 

I use/have used several enterprise remote management products like SCCM, Intune, Meraki, KACE, ect  at work but I want to give Pulseway a try for my own systems and so far its great except the remote function. That's an essential feature that I would be using.

Can I try it out ? 

For sure. I've activated a two week trials subscription. Let me know what you think of our remote control feature :lol:.

-Paul

1 hour ago, Paul said:

For sure. I've activated a two week trials subscription. Let me know what you think of our remote control feature :lol:.

-Paul

Thanks Paul.  

I missed the info on the pricing page that explained that remote doesn't work on the free plan.  https://www.pulseway.com/pricing

That was quick. The feature is already available and working.  Connecting to the first system was super easy and straight forward.  I've only used it for a few hours but so far it looks like ill be paying for the starter plan since i only have a single system to remote to. 

• Administrators
22 hours ago, MrMill said:

Thanks Paul.  

I missed the info on the pricing page that explained that remote doesn't work on the free plan.  https://www.pulseway.com/pricing

That was quick. The feature is already available and working.  Connecting to the first system was super easy and straight forward.  I've only used it for a few hours but so far it looks like ill be paying for the starter plan since i only have a single system to remote to. 

Before you do that, drop me a message so I can revert the "free" status on your account so you won't end up paying for the 2 systems.

-Paul