I can't get pulseway to start on raspberry pi 3

matifudokan

I followed all the steps like instructed. I filled up the config. file with my username and password and saved it. When i try to start pulseway without "sudo" comand it shows:

==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.systemd1.manage-unit-files ===
Authentication is required to manage system service or unit files.
Authenticating as: root
Password:

I tried my pi account password, my pulseway password and just leaving the password empty. After that i got:

==== AUTHENTICATION FAILED ===
Failed to enable unit: Access

So i tried to start pulseway with "sudo" and it seems like nothing happend.
When i checked the logs i got:

● pulseway.service - Remotely Monitor and Control IT Systems
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/pulseway.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead) since Tue 2020-01-07 07:47:36 GMT; 7s ago
  Process: 5538 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/pulsewayd --no-daemonize (code=exited, status=15)
 Main PID: 5538 (code=exited, status=15)
    Tasks: 0 (limit: 2200)
   Memory: 7.7M
   CGroup: /system.slice/pulseway.service

Jan 07 07:47:32 Serwer systemd[1]: Started Remotely Monitor and Control IT Systems.
Jan 07 07:47:32 Serwer pulseway[5538]: Starting Pulseway Daemon version 6.5 (2019082205)
Jan 07 07:47:32 Serwer pulseway[5538]: Configuration read successfully!
Jan 07 07:47:33 Serwer pulseway[5538]: [383B blob data]
Jan 07 07:47:33 Serwer pulseway[5538]: [395B blob data]
Jan 07 07:47:34 Serwer pulseway[5538]: [389B blob data]
Jan 07 07:47:36 Serwer pulseway[5538]: Received request Stop monitoring service 'Invalid username and/or password (295).'
Jan 07 07:47:36 Serwer systemd[1]: pulseway.service: Succeeded.
Jan 07 07:47:36 Serwer pulsewayd[5538]: cut: write error: Broken pipe

I'm 100% sure that i have put my username and password correctly (Password got encrypted in the config file) The only thing i can think of is the fact that my password uses a polish symbol in it and that is creating problems.

I'm not very well-versed linux user so i'm just lost here. Can someone help?

• Staff

Hi,

You don't need to fill the config.xml with username/password. As is specified at the end of the installation, in order to register the agent please run the:

pulseway-registration

as root. This will register the agent and update the config.xml file for you.

Mark

10 hours ago, Mark said:

Hi,

You don't need to fill the config.xml with username/password. As is specified at the end of the installation, in order to register the agent please run the:

pulseway-registration

as root. This will register the agent and update the config.xml file for you.

Mark

I got: An error encountered while processing the request. Please check the logs.

• Staff

Hi @matifudokan,

The error is related to config.xml. If you will leave config.xml file intact and use that executable pulseway-registration to register your system, then you will not receive that error.

Jan 07 07:47:36 Serwer pulseway[5538]: Received request Stop monitoring service 'Invalid username and/or password (295).'

So i deleted everything i have put into config.xml but when i try to registrate it goes like this:

pi@Serwer:~ $ sudo pulseway-registration

Would you like to register or unregister the system?

[1] Register System
[2] Exit

Enter selection: 1

Please enter a username: matifudokan
Please enter the password:
Use custom server? [y|n] n

An error encountered while processing the request. Please check the logs.

This?

Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer pulseway: Starting Pulseway Daemon version 6.5 (201908220                                                                                                                                                             5)
Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer pulseway: Configuration: Invalid Username found in config                                                                                                                                                             uration
Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer systemd[1]: pulseway.service: Main process exited, code=e                                                                                                                                                             xited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer systemd[1]: pulseway.service: Failed with result 'exit-co                                                                                                                                                             de'.
Jan 15 15:14:28 Serwer pulseway-registration: Connection error: ERROR_CODE:12, E                                                                                                                                                             RROR_MESSAGE: SOAP 1.1 fault SOAP-ENV:Server[no subcode]#012"System.Web.Services                                                                                                                                                             .Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> MM.Monitor.                                                                                                                                                             WebService.InvalidAccountException: Invalid username and/or password (295).#015#                                                                                                                                                             012   at MM.Monitor.WebService.Data.#002(Account #002, String #003, String #005,                                                                                                                                                              String #010, String #006, Boolean #016, String #017, Boolean #002"#012Detail: [                                                                                                                                                             no detail]#012

Or this?

Jan 15 14:17:11 Serwer systemd[1]: Started Remotely Monitor and Control IT Systems.
Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer pulseway[822]: Starting Pulseway Daemon version 6.5 (2019082205)
Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer pulseway[822]: Configuration: Invalid Username found in configuration
Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer systemd[1]: pulseway.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer systemd[1]: pulseway.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Edited by matifudokan

I have deleted the config.xml  and got tha same "An error encountered while processing the request. Please check the logs.". After checking the status i got this:

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/pulseway.service; enabled; vendor preset:
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2020-01-15 14:17:12 GMT; 24h ago
 Main PID: 822 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jan 15 14:17:11 Serwer systemd[1]: Started Remotely Monitor and Control IT Syste
Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer pulseway[822]: Starting Pulseway Daemon version 6.5 (2019
Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer pulseway[822]: Configuration: Invalid Username found in c
Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer systemd[1]: pulseway.service: Main process exited, code=e
Jan 15 14:17:12 Serwer systemd[1]: pulseway.service: Failed with result 'exit-co

Edited by matifudokan

Ok. So i reinstalled pulseway from the scratch. After running pulseway-registration it failed again and the logs showed:

Jan 23 12:28:22 Serwer pulseway-registration: Connection error: ERROR_CODE:12, E                                                                                                                                                             RROR_MESSAGE: SOAP 1.1 fault SOAP-ENV:Server[no subcode]#012"System.Web.Services                                                                                                                                                             .Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> MM.Monitor.                                                                                                                                                             WebService.InvalidAccountException: Invalid username and/or password (295).#015#                                                                                                                                                             012   at MM.Monitor.WebService.Data.#002(Account #002, String #003, String #005,                                                                                                                                                              String #010, String #006, Boolean #016, String #017, Boolean #002"#012Detail: [                                                                                                                                                             no detail]#012

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Hi @matifudokan,

Please verify that you can access the Pulseway server from that system:

curl https://s1.pulseway.com/Server.svc

I got:

pi@Serwer:~ $ curl https://s1.pulseway.com/Server.svc
<HTML><HEAD><STYLE type="text/css">#content{ FONT-SIZE: 0.7em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2                                                                                                                                                             em; MARGIN-LEFT: 30px}BODY{MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; COLOR: #000000; FO                                                                                                                                                             NT-FAMILY: Verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white}P{MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 12                                                                                                                                                             px; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana}PRE{BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0e0 1px solid; PA                                                                                                                                                             DDING-RIGHT: 5px; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0e0 1px solid; MARGIN-TOP: -5px; PADDING-LEFT:                                                                                                                                                              5px; FONT-SIZE: 1.2em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0e0 1px solid; PAD                                                                                                                                                             DING-TOP: 5px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0e0 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Courier New; BACKG                                                                                                                                                             ROUND-COLOR: #e5e5cc}.heading1{MARGIN-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 15px; FONT-WEIGHT:                                                                                                                                                              normal; FONT-SIZE: 26px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; MARGIN-LEFT:                                                                                                                                                              -30px; WIDTH: 100%; COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-TOP: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; BACK                                                                                                                                                             GROUND-COLOR: #003366}.intro{MARGIN-LEFT: -15px}</STYLE>
<TITLE>Service</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>
<DIV id="content">
<P class="heading1">Service</P>
<BR/>
<P class="intro">This is a Windows&#169; Communication Foundation service.<BR/><                                                                                                                                                             BR/><B>Metadata publishing for this service is currently disabled.</B><BR/><BR/>                                                                                                                                                             If you have access to the service, you can enable metadata publishing by complet                                                                                                                                                             ing the following steps to modify your web or application configuration file:<BR                                                                                                                                                             /><BR/>1. Create the following service behavior configuration, or add the &lt;se                                                                                                                                                             rviceMetadata&gt; element to an existing service behavior configuration:</P>
<PRE>
<font color="blue">&lt;<font color="darkred">behaviors</font>&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">    &lt;<font color="darkred">serviceBehaviors</font>&gt;</fo                                                                                                                                                             nt>
<font color="blue">        &lt;<font color="darkred">behavior </font><font color                                                                                                                                                             ="red">name</font>=<font color="black">"</font>MyServiceTypeBehaviors<font color                                                                                                                                                             ="black">" </font>&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">            &lt;<font color="darkred">serviceMetadata </font>                                                                                                                                                             <font color="red">httpGetEnabled</font>=<font color="black">"</font>true<font co                                                                                                                                                             lor="black">" </font>/&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">        &lt;<font color="darkred">/behavior</font>&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">    &lt;<font color="darkred">/serviceBehaviors</font>&gt;</f                                                                                                                                                             ont>
<font color="blue">&lt;<font color="darkred">/behaviors</font>&gt;</font>
</PRE>
<P class="intro">2. Add the behavior configuration to the service:</P>
<PRE>
<font color="blue">&lt;<font color="darkred">service </font><font color="red">na                                                                                                                                                             me</font>=<font color="black">"</font><i>MyNamespace.MyServiceType</i><font colo                                                                                                                                                             r="black">" </font><font color="red">behaviorConfiguration</font>=<font color="b                                                                                                                                                             lack">"</font><i>MyServiceTypeBehaviors</i><font color="black">" </font>&gt;</fo                                                                                                                                                             nt>
</PRE>
<P class="intro">Note: the service name must match the configuration name for th                                                                                                                                                             e service implementation.<BR/><BR/>3. Add the following endpoint to your service                                                                                                                                                              configuration:</P>
<PRE>
<font color="blue">&lt;<font color="darkred">endpoint </font><font color="red">c                                                                                                                                                             ontract</font>=<font color="black">"</font>IMetadataExchange<font color="black">                                                                                                                                                             " </font><font color="red">binding</font>=<font color="black">"</font>mexHttpBin                                                                                                                                                             ding<font color="black">" </font><font color="red">address</font>=<font color="b                                                                                                                                                             lack">"</font>mex<font color="black">" </font>/&gt;</font>
</PRE>

<P class="intro">Note: your service must have an http base address to add this e                                                                                                                                                             ndpoint.<BR/><BR/>The following is an example service configuration file with me                                                                                                                                                             tadata publishing enabled:</P>
<PRE>
<font color="blue">&lt;<font color="darkred">configuration</font>&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">    &lt;<font color="darkred">system.serviceModel</font>&gt;<                                                                                                                                                             /font>

<font color="blue">        &lt;<font color="darkred">services</font>&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">            &lt;!-- <font color="green">Note: the service nam                                                                                                                                                             e must match the configuration name for the service implementation.</font> --&gt                                                                                                                                                             ;</font>
<font color="blue">            &lt;<font color="darkred">service </font><font co                                                                                                                                                             lor="red">name</font>=<font color="black">"</font><i>MyNamespace.MyServiceType</                                                                                                                                                             i><font color="black">" </font><font color="red">behaviorConfiguration</font>=<f                                                                                                                                                             ont color="black">"</font><i>MyServiceTypeBehaviors</i><font color="black">" </f                                                                                                                                                             ont>&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">                &lt;!-- <font color="green">Add the following                                                                                                                                                              endpoint. </font> --&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">                &lt;!-- <font color="green">Note: your servic                                                                                                                                                             e must have an http base address to add this endpoint.</font> --&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">                &lt;<font color="darkred">endpoint </font><fo                                                                                                                                                             nt color="red">contract</font>=<font color="black">"</font>IMetadataExchange<fon                                                                                                                                                             t color="black">" </font><font color="red">binding</font>=<font color="black">"<                                                                                                                                                             /font>mexHttpBinding<font color="black">" </font><font color="red">address</font                                                                                                                                                             >=<font color="black">"</font>mex<font color="black">" </font>/&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">            &lt;<font color="darkred">/service</font>&gt;</fo                                                                                                                                                             nt>
<font color="blue">        &lt;<font color="darkred">/services</font>&gt;</font>

<font color="blue">        &lt;<font color="darkred">behaviors</font>&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">            &lt;<font color="darkred">serviceBehaviors</font>                                                                                                                                                             &gt;</font>
<font color="blue">                &lt;<font color="darkred">behavior </font><fo                                                                                                                                                             nt color="red">name</font>=<font color="black">"</font><i>MyServiceTypeBehaviors                                                                                                                                                             </i><font color="black">" </font>&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">                    &lt;!-- <font color="green">Add the follo                                                                                                                                                             wing element to your service behavior configuration.</font> --&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">                    &lt;<font color="darkred">serviceMetadata                                                                                                                                                              </font><font color="red">httpGetEnabled</font>=<font color="black">"</font>true                                                                                                                                                             <font color="black">" </font>/&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">                &lt;<font color="darkred">/behavior</font>&gt                                                                                                                                                             ;</font>
<font color="blue">            &lt;<font color="darkred">/serviceBehaviors</font                                                                                                                                                             >&gt;</font>
<font color="blue">        &lt;<font color="darkred">/behaviors</font>&gt;</font                                                                                                                                                             >

<font color="blue">    &lt;<font color="darkred">/system.serviceModel</font>&gt;                                                                                                                                                             </font>
<font color="blue">&lt;<font color="darkred">/configuration</font>&gt;</font>
</PRE>
<P class="intro">For more information on publishing metadata please see the foll                                                                                                                                                             owing documentation: <a href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=65455">http                                                                                                                                                             ://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=65455</a>.</P>
</DIV>

At this point i have no idea what this is but i guess i have a connection?

I just checked the logs

pi@Serwer:~ $ systemctl status pulseway.service
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/pulseway.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2020-01-27 17:46:49 GMT; 8min ago
  Process: 839 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/pulsewayd --no-daemonize (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 839 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jan 27 17:46:48 Serwer systemd[1]: Started Remotely Monitor and Control IT Systems.
Jan 27 17:46:48 Serwer pulseway[839]: Starting Pulseway Daemon version 6.5 (2019082205)
Jan 27 17:46:49 Serwer pulseway[839]: Configuration: cannot open file /etc/pulseway/config.xml
Jan 27 17:46:49 Serwer systemd[1]: pulseway.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 27 17:46:49 Serwer systemd[1]: pulseway.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

So i tried to open the config.xml with nano and it wanted to create a new file. So i guess the config file isn't there even after i re-installed pulseway?