Message to multiple groups

AC_Martin_J

Hi all! 

I'm frequently using the "Send Message" feature that Pulseway provide, and it's usually when I need to quickly distribute information to our employees. I've found that you can send messages to a specific client, or a specific group (both of which are great). But it would be even better if we can select multiple groups to send the message to as a third option. 

It's not a big deal to copy the message and go into each group and send the message from there, but it's more of a convenience thing. 

Please consider it at least! :)

// Martin

Edited by AC_Martin_J

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @AC_Martin_J,

You may try to use an automated task to send a massage to all systems, but note in this case you will not be able to receive an reply unless it is sent via chat to you.

If you will create an automated task via Pulseway and run this command then all users on all windows systems will receive this message:

msg * "Hi there!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am also looking for more controls to message users through the pop-up notification system. The manual doesn't appear to cover this from what I have seen and other than drilling down the logged in user level on a machine I am having a hard time finding any other ways to send messages, let alone robust options to do so.

This is highly desired!

I created a feature request on the featureupvote-page.. Hopefully it will get some traction and eventually an approval to start the development..

https://pulseway.featureupvote.com/suggestions/127787/send-messages-to-multiple-groups

The issue with the idea Chris suggested is that the messages will be written ad-hoc and will not always be the same, so you'd have to modify the script and save it whenever you want to send a new message. That's why composing a message and then select which group/s to send it to inside the webGUI would be way easier. There's also no indication that the messages comes from Pulseway/IT-admin unless it's written explicitly within the message when using the msg method.

Edited by AC_Martin_J