Predefined package for install (Enterprise Clients)

marinhd

• Administrators

Well you can do this via registry patches. It would require some custom application that can parse and unparse some encrypted xml data which on execution will take your data from the xml configuration file and write it to windows registry. Now this is possible to be done however I can't do it these weeks. If nobody offers I will eventually write it myself however I don't think it will happen too fast.

Why not enable two-way authentication, give them your username and password, and tell them to write it down inside the manager application. After this you can modify the configuration via the Dashboard application.

• Administrators

We are looking at ways to do this either distributing an exported configuration or use an enterprise server computer policy manager that will configure the clients automatically (auto discover feature)

• Administrators

You can create the user account, use PC Monitor Manager to configure the account and all the monitoring settings, export the config file and send it to your user. All he will have to do is to install PC Monitor and import the config file.

• Administrators

Or just ask the user to install the application and input your username and password then you can configure with Dashboard. Again, two-way authentication is a great asset to this process because it would secure your account so even knowing your username and password the user can't make any changes to your account.

Edited by Paul

• Administrators

At this moment yes, but after two-way authentication is implemented into web client he will be requested a code that you will receive via email.

• Administrators

You mean Google Authenticator?

Something like that yes, but PC Monitor has it's own system. You can enable it from Account Details from PC Monitor Manager.

• 2 weeks later...

So using the unattended install option I could create an Install.com file which references the installation file with the swtches... Package it in an autoextracting zip and away we go...

This may be possible with iexpress.exe which is built into windows....

Will try.