One new "overlicensed" Pulseway Agent kicks out another previously installed

Nuno Inácio

Hi there,

This is usability issue that leaves Pulseway's surveillance under high suspicion.

We work exclusively in Windows servers.

My colleague has installed last week a new Pulseway Agent over a server of a new client and he forgot to report this so that I could increase the number of licences resulting that since last week a Pulseway agent from another client's backup server stopped communicating and so we where not aware that backup needed troubleshooting. In fact the server disappeared from our servers

As I understood the new Pulseway agent kicked out a random Agent already under surveillance and that means that a server that we had total confidence to be monitored was not.

I'm new in the company and this software and when I've discussed this with my colleagues they've reported to be a known issue and that sometimes the Pulseway agent that stopped being monitored would varied meaning that one server randomly would stop being monitored and then the behaviour would jump to another agent.

In the Billing/Overview section of your page it always had 72/72 and so no report of "overbooking".

For this server's agent to show again in the panel I had to re-register it.

IMO the new ones should stay offline and if this behaviour cannot be controlled, then the moment a client doesn't have licenses the agent shouldn't be able to register.

We need to be sure that we can rely on the servers where Pulseway agent is installed and configured or we cannot trust the system altogether.

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by Nuno Inácio

• Administrators

Hi Nuno,

Thank you for reporting this. We've got plans to improve that system so it would let you know that you've overprovisioned right away and to show how many more licenses you require. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

-Paul