Can't assign a patch policy to one particular workstation

BobC

I have one customer workstation (actually a laptop) that I cannot assign a patch policy.  All of the other systems in this customer group are fine.  When I try to assign it via my mobile, I get "change OS patch policy command failed".  Nor can I assign it via the Pulseway Web app - it shows "no actions available" for that one system.

I tried remotely restarting the laptop, and I tried repairing the local agent installation, but no joy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bob

• Staff

Hi @BobC

If the action to change the OS patch policy is not available, then it is possible that your account has read only access to OS Patching. For more details about this please check out this article.

Regarding the issue that this functionality was available on your mobile device. If the change was made recently, then it might take 15 to 30 seconds to propagate these changes.

Can you still reproduce this?

Hi Chris,

Yes, the issue still exists for this one laptop.  Regarding the account OS patching access: there is only one user, the administrator, which is me. So, I'm not using Teams/Users.    Incidentally, I did check under the Account/Devices menu; that laptop does show that full access is enabled. For what that's worth.

Bob

• Staff

Hi @BobC,

Please send an email to support@pulseway.com regarding this issue and add the trace.log from that system which shows the events while are you trying to change the OS patch policy.

In order to generate logs, please open the Pulseway Manager on the remote system and enable the Diagnostic Logging under the Settings -> Diagnostics. After you've enabled the diagnostic logging, stop the Pulseway service, wait for 15 seconds and then start it. Wait for 3 minutes, reproduce the issue and then send us the trace.log file from the Pulseway's installation folder so we can investigate the issue.