Alarms should clear them selves

Cptrico

Hi Marius,

One thing that I will find very very useful is if you are having the on duty call and beeing responsible for a huge server group, that the alarms received clear them selves when problem is solved. E.g CPU or memory is too high on the db server, 5 min later it is okay. A notification is sent and the escalation is removed from the list.

Best regards

Johnni

• Administrators

We are looking at ways of implement this. We don't want to delete the previous notification as it's important to know that something did happened at some point in time.

I'm thinking of changing the priority of the existing notification to Normal and append the date/time when the problem was solved.

Best Regards,

Marius

Hi,

Your suggestion of switching from error to normal is good. Just to have an on overview in the dashboard or phone if the problem actually solved it self in the next poll or action is required still to have it green all over. Today I.e if I have the on duty call I get 3 SMS with a down message and 5 min later I get 3 clear if the problem was just a glitch and solved it self.

Brgrds

Johnni

GREAT idea.

To make it even more useful, add an additional view where related alerts are grouped by source instead of by time. For example, what we might see in Dashboard 2.4 (I'm making all of this up!):

11:01 CPU Usage 50% for PC Monitor Service

11:03 (i) Drive C: Backup Complete

11:03 SomeOtherEvent

11:03 (!) SomeOtherEvent

11:04 (i) SomeOtherEvent

11:04 (i) CPU Usage 11:03

(!) 11:03

(i) 11:04

Therefore, don't change ANY event's level. Offer the option to group by event and report the LEVEL of the event.

GREAT idea.

To make it even more useful, add an additional view where related alerts are grouped by source instead of by time. For example, what we might see in Dashboard 2.4 (I'm making all of this up!):

11:01 (E) CPU Usage 50% for PC Monitor Service

11:03 (i) Drive C: Backup Complete

11:03 (E) SomeOtherEvent

11:03 (W) SomeOtherEvent

11:04 (i) SomeOtherEvent

11:04 (i) CPU Usage less than 1% for PC Monitor Service

What I glean from your (Marius's) reply is that the 11:01 event would be changed from (E) to (i).

But to me, given Johnni's insightful contribution, I think it would be much more informative if the display looked like this:

CPU Usage for PC Monitor Service

(E) 11:01 20%

(i) 11:04 less than 1%

Drive C: Backup Complete

(i) 11:03

SomeOtherEvent

(E) 11:03

(W) 11:03

(i) 11:04

Therefore, don't change ANY event's level. Offer the option to group by event and report the LEVEL of the LATEST event.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

My vote for this, too.

Maybe the whole point would be to have the overall general status of monitored server/device displayed according to actual status in real time, no according to past events, which might be resolved on site but not yet cleared in Pulseway app.

The underlaying decision is then how to sort past notifications. To group them by device, or to just list them in timely manner...that is debatable, or maybe to implement a quick sort button to toggle Group by device functionaliy

Ome more thing regarding notifications:

When viewing notifications, beside "delete all" there should be an option to "Acknowlidge all", so they would be all marked as read, but would not vanish from notifications view. Seems reasonable and quite easy to implement to me.