KAV not installing (Agent Missing)

ITiseasy

Another late night battling issues.   Three computers bricked today. 

Another running Windows 7 reported Kaspersky disabled yet AVP was using 50% + resources and a half gig of ram.

I need to be three places in the morning to physically repair computers broken by kaspersky. 

I have a question. I noticed Antivirus Agent Status for a windows 7 computer is showing update available for kasperksy but it is only this one at the moment. Is this expected? Should the Windows 7 computers get the Kasperksy update available ?

On 7/19/2019 at 12:28 PM, Mark said:

For Pro/Free accounts are not getting the update yet. We're doing a staging release so probably you'll get the update over the next few days.

Manually installing the KES from AV folder will not work.

Mark

Is there an update for the Pro/Free users by now? Iam still not able to update the clients. 

On 8/1/2019 at 10:53 AM, docdisaster said:

Is there an update for the Pro/Free users by now? Iam still not able to update the clients. 

Paul confirmed that it is rolling out next week to me in a PM.  Hope it's true!

Tried on my test VM, which did previously have Kaspersky installed. Updated windows, uninstalled kaspersky, restarted, installed kaspersky no issues.

So what more can I do?

Install on customers device. Agent missing.

Waa waa

Here is the response I got from a Pulseway team member:

Hi [Redacted],
There are some known issues.
Note-
We are ready with the update and have released to 15 early access customers. 8 out of 15 early access customers have reported that some systems have upgraded correctly and some have encountered problems.

Here's the list of known issues with the KES 10 SP2 MR3 update:
a) Fresh installation might fail if the system had KES 10 SP1 MR3 installed, upgraded to 1903, Windows automatically uninstalled KES 10 SP1 MR3. Workaround: Run the KAV removal tool and install all available windows updates,then the KES 10 SP2 MR3 application will install. This only affects Windows 10 1903 systems;
b) After the upgrade from KES 10 SP1 MR3 to KES 10 SP2 MR3 the system would be stuck at login with the spinner and a black screen. On a particular customer, we've seen 32 systems out of 100 affected,including Windows 10 1809 and Windows Server installations. The fix for this is to uninstall the KES 10 SP2 MR3 completely from the machine. Sometimes the machine hangs in a way that you cannot send the uninstall command from the WebApp forcing you to run the KAV removal tool from safe mode (obviously requiring IP KVM or physical access to the machine);
c) On a very small number of cases (less than 5 reported), the KES 10 SP2 MR3 update would corrupt the Windows component user32.dll completely breaking the windows installation. No known workaround for this case.

Kaspersky Labs is aware of all issues and is currently investigating this with our development team. We're going to be making a decision this week on what's the next step here.
If you still want to proceed further, please let me know. 

As of yesterday morning this issue appears to be resolved for both self hosted servers and pulseway direct customers.

I was able to install Kaspersky on a customers computer!

If you are getting the Agent Missing error you will need to uninstall kaspersky through Pulseway than reinstall it. Worked for me.

• Administrators

Hi everyone,

We've released the KES 10 SP2 MR3 to everyone however the in-place upgrade function remains disabled as it's known to cause problems. We've reached to a conclusion with Kaspersky Labs that the following process is safer to upgrade KES 10 SP1 MR3:

• Uninstall KES 10 SP1 MR3
  • Reboot the computer
  • Upgrade the system to 1903 if it's Windows 10 (if the 1903 update was already installed and it automatically uninstalled KES 10 SP1 MR3 then you need to run the KAV removal tool)
  • Reboot the computer
  • Install Kaspersky (it will automatically deploy KES 10 SP2 MR3)

Please let me know how this goes for you.

-Paul

On 8/13/2019 at 6:43 AM, Paul said:

Hi everyone,

We've released the KES 10 SP2 MR3 to everyone however the in-place upgrade function remains disabled as it's known to cause problems. We've reached to a conclusion with Kaspersky Labs that the following process is safer to upgrade KES 10 SP1 MR3:

• Uninstall KES 10 SP1 MR3
  • Reboot the computer
  • Upgrade the system to 1903 if it's Windows 10 (if the 1903 update was already installed and it automatically uninstalled KES 10 SP1 MR3 then you need to run the KAV removal tool)
  • Reboot the computer
  • Install Kaspersky (it will automatically deploy KES 10 SP2 MR3)

Please let me know how this goes for you.

-Paul

@Paul

Are there any issues of doing this?

Uninstall KES 10 SP1 M3 / REBOOT 

INSTALL KES 10 SP2 MR3

INSTALL WIN 10 1903?

Edited by itshero

• Administrators
On 8/19/2019 at 8:51 PM, itshero said:

@Paul

Are there any issues of doing this?

Uninstall KES 10 SP1 M3 / REBOOT 

INSTALL KES 10 SP2 MR3

INSTALL WIN 10 1903?

It's highly recommended to install 1903 before you install KES 10 SP2 MR3.

-Paul