Socket is closed

pema0123

Hi!

I installed mobilepcmonitor on my galaxy nexus and then on my pc. I set up the account on my pc and then used the same on my phone.

When I start the app on my phone it says "Socket is closed" almost immediately.

Do you know what the problem may be?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem here. Using a HTC Sensation running Android 4.0.3. Through wifi everything works great, but on 3G I also get the message "Socket is closed". I have been using mobile pc monitor for a while and it always worked fine. Recently I updated my ROM from Android 3.xx? to 4. Is it possible that it has to do with this?

• Administrators

We managed to reproduce this error on some 4.0.X ROMs. (especially 4.0.4) - not quite sure what is causing this issue, it's only happening on some carriers. We'll keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can confirm the same issue for a Samsung S3 LTE (GT-I9305) running version 3.3 (build 121119) of PC Monitor. OS version is 4.1.1.

In my case I am getting the "Socket is closed" error message when I am on WiFi (same result on various WiFi networks). I do not see the issue when I am connecting via mobile network. Restarting the app or the phone does not help.

Regards

Michael