Report Upgrade. option to produce,store, emit CSV JSON data

timbuck2

I have been hesitant to request any sort of features. I always feel like what i would like to see might be far too much work to produce. I think this feature might be rather simple to implement so here we go. 

"a quick comment about existing reports - the last time I checked the report which reveals how many licenses there are and how many are assigned confuse office managers because we are not assigning a number of licenses to a client so the numbers ar wrong." 

Feature inquiry. 
The ability for a report to produce the pdf exists and has some additional features to emit the report. 
1. Would it be feasable for the same report to produce the data of the report in the desired format CSV,JSON
and have the same capabilities to emit the report and or be retrived from the web portal. 

2. Would it be feasable to allow api access to the report module and data to allow querying the report data or just getting it
as well as causing a report to run. 

While this is a only small step towards actionable queries via script, it certainly goes a long way towards collecting information for decision making purposes. 

In the following recent task I created scripts to collect the info. dropped them on shares accessible at each lan. used screenconnect to select all computers. pasted the script to execute the scripts. collected the information and then moved on to producing the Estimate reports. I used screenconnect to do this which required a bit of manual work and copy paste. 

From there it was easy to automate the aggregation and produce the sales estimates. It is frustrating however to do things like this when the information is already in pulseway just not availble for me to use in any meaningful way. So if I could get it out somehow even if it isn't actionable , I can still do usefull things with it . 

An example of something simple : Compile a list of all workstations we monitor running microsoft os where the version is not 10 

include the Hard drive list with manufacturer model etc.   

Produce a distinct list of these and compile the interface, form factor and whether the drive is SSD. 

Produce Estimates for each client for Windows 10 Upgrades including pre-upgrade system imaging.

Produce Estimates for each client for Windows 10 Upgrades including SSD upgrades, preupgrade system cloning. 

• Administrators

Hey Tim,

I've got exciting news. We're starting to roll out 6.3.3 today which includes... *drum roll* support for generating CSV reports :lol:. Adding the ability of getting similar information through the REST API is also a great idea, we'll consider it for a future release.

-Paul