Remotely reinstalling agent

RichardB

When I set up my machines to be monitored I used remote scripts to do the following:

wget https://xyz.com/files/windows_agent_x64.msi -Outfile c:\ff\windows_agent_x64.msi

msiexec /i windows_agent_x64.msi /quiet

Now, the problem is that these machines are NOT picking up the info required from the Pulseway policy so not all of the desired information is showing in the webapp for each machine.

I then tried using:

wget https://xyz.com/files/Pulseway_x64.msi -Outfile c:\ff\Pulseway_x64.msi

.\Pulseway_x64.msi /qn username=xyz password=xyz group=Internal server=xyz.pulseway.com

Running this on a local machine does pick up the policies and work as required but does NOT work on machines installed with method 1.

My question is this: How can I take the existing remote machines and "upgrade" them so that I can get all of the required info?

• Staff

Hi @RichardB,

Thank you for contacting us. Have you tried to use the pre-configured installer for the required group? If you use the username and password to authenticate system, then it is placed in default user group. In order to download the pre-configured agent for the specific group you will need to open the Pulseway WebApp -> Onboarding -> Downloads and copy the link which you can use in your script.

msiexec /i "url_for_the _pulseway_agent" /qn

Tried as suggested and no joy. I can see the agent has been reinstalled using the remote event logs but it just doesn't seem to pick up all of the policy settings.

Part of the policy I have enabled is under "Available Features" / "Details - Network" so if the reinstall of the agent worked as I expect it to work then I should be able to see the network details under the Systems tab / Machines.

Any other suggestions?

Edited by RichardB

• Staff

@RichardBUnfortunately the available features tab indicates whether this functionality is available on the remote system or not. In order to enable the Network interface monitoring you will need to configure it by selecting the required interfaces. Or alternatively you may run the built in script - 'Add Enabled Network Adapters in Pulseway' from the Pulseway WebApp to enable it. For more details regarding this please check out the following instructions

No luck with the script either.

Set-ItemProperty : Cannot find path 'HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\NetworkInterfaces' because it does not exist.

At C:\Program Files\Pulseway\automation_4c656d00_e249_4120_a5e6_8bb3b107aa8d.ps1:2 char:1

+ Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Netwo ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (HKLM:\Software\...tworkInterfaces:String) [Set-ItemProperty], ItemNotFo undException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetItemPropertyCommand

Set-ItemProperty : Cannot find path 'HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\NetworkInterfaces' because it does not exist.

At C:\Program Files\Pulseway\automation_4c656d00_e249_4120_a5e6_8bb3b107aa8d.ps1:5 char:5

+ Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\N ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (HKLM:\Software\...tworkInterfaces:String) [Set-ItemProperty], ItemNotFo undException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetItemPropertyCommand

At C:\Program Files\Pulseway\automation_4c656d00_e249_4120_a5e6_8bb3b107aa8d.ps1:5 char:5

+ Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\N ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Staff

Is it possible that you have previously deleted these registry keys to disable the network interface monitoring?

If yes, then you will need to recreate it.

Also, is it possible that you have configured PowerShell impersonation and that the user account which is used doesn't have admin rights.