Send Notification to the Boss on new file created

Tommy

hi

we have a folder that need to be configured to send out a notification then a new file is created 

in a specific folder to our boss, how can that  be done without creating a new account  in Pulseway

i see a that this can be done but , not possible to choose to and a specific mail adress

Best regards

Tommy Rihu

Edited by Tommy

• Staff

Hi @Tommy,

You might write a script which will run locally on your system and check count of the files into the folder and send the notification if the count has been increased by one.

Note: when  ever the new file is detected, then you will need to update the count for the files in script, therefore I would suggest you to write this variable in the registry or in some other location, so your script can read it before the next execution.

why do i need a 3rd party script then it should be a line in Pulsemanager  

but here i cant add any special mail adress with would be great ex as for my boss

our?

regards

Tommy

file.JPG

yes i know 

but not as i asked for  :-), ok soo can can set an alternavite email adress here? without creating an account for that user in Pulseway?

thanks

Tommy

• Staff

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not so simple. Emails are sent by the Pulseway server, therefore all this information needs to be sent back to the Pulseway server and then server should know how to handle these addition email addresses if added. This would require some development to be done. I will put this forward as the feature request, therefore we will consider the possibility to introduce this functionality into the future release.

Also, this functionality currently is requested only by you.