Improvements to the Dashboard app

Hi MMSOFT,

I would like to share some improvement suggestions for the Dashboard app.

They are mainly seen from a dispatcher point of view, and not for a monitoring display screen, so they are centralized about the "All Notifications" list.

1. Change (default) view to "All Notifications" list.

As a dispatcher the focus is on the notifications, and not the systems.
It would be nice to be able the change the main window to the "All Notifications" list, insted of getting a popup window.
It could be from the view menu, or by a separate launch-parameter/shortcut.

2. Sort columns in "All Notifications" list.

It is not possible to the sort the notification list by clicking column headers.
That should be a very easy implementation, that brings value to the dispatcher.

3. Right-click actions on the notification list.

A dispatcher doesn't only look at notification list. He also takes a notification.
So it would be great with the possibility to run custom action, be right-clicking on notifications.
It could be actions like "Assign notification", "Create Zendesk Ticket", "Send email", "Open system in webapp", "Write comment".
It could be implemented by custom actions, like running executables or calling webservices.
It could also be implemented by plugins.

4. Show (results of) executed actions in notification list

If a custom action (above idea no. 3) has been executed on a notification it should be visible on the notification list.
It could be by an icon column, or the line changing color.

5. Notification comments.

It should be possible to put simple comments on a notification, both from the dashboard, and in all other apps.
It should be easy the see that a notification has a comment on any notification list.

You are welcome to contact me, if you need ideas to how it could be implemented.

2019-04-11 09_27_20-All Notifications.png

Edited by Martin Stevnhoved

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought of the Dashboard app as something you put on a TV and use it as a quick eye on for any outstanding issues (at least that's how we use it, 50" TV on the wall with the dashboard on it [micro pc])

The Windows 10 application is what we use at our desks, and the android app on phones, maybe this may help you meanwhile? (your dispatcher could easily check through the notifications - you can order by date and priority)

@Chris - The windows 10 app needs a much-needed overhaul asap, why not port over the Android app as this is pretty much perfect? :)

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:26 PM, TimStark said:

The Windows 10 application is what we use at our desks, and the android app on phones, maybe this may help you meanwhile? (your dispatcher could easily check through the notifications - you can order by date and priority)

We already use the Win10 app, but it is totally outdated, so we cannot event send a plain email from the app.
My guess was that the Win10-app would be dropped, when HTML5 has all features? Or will it eventually be updated to include newer features?
The dashboard app already has a lot of features that are not needed on a public display screen, so I guess this would be the best place to go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 10:33 AM, Martin Stevnhoved said:

We already use the Win10 app, but it is totally outdated, so we cannot event send a plain email from the app.
My guess was that the Win10-app would be dropped, when HTML5 has all features? Or will it eventually be updated to include newer features?
The dashboard app already has a lot of features that are not needed on a public display screen, so I guess this would be the best place to go.

Martin,

My hope is that they migrate the android application to windows (not a hard task may I add, the code is clearly universal as it works on Iphone){or post the source for the windows 10 app for us developers to play with}

Just seems like the team is biting off more than they can chew (with new features etc...)