Removing a machine/online activity of phone app

jlc_uk

1) Have been using MPCM for a couple of weeks now - great app. One of the machines I was monitoring had a disk crash. I've replaced it, but can't seem to get rid of that machine in my list of monitored machines ... please don't tell me I need to rebuild the machine, to uninstall the software to remove it from the list.

2) Even when I am not running the (Windows) Phone app, it seems to be polling the servers. Is this correct ? Is it continually running in the background ? Can this be disabled, or modified ? I don't want to be racking up data charges all the time ....

1) I tried this on my Linux machine, but can't find a "registered computers" section ...

2) I didn't make myself clear ... I am not worried about the internet usage of the MONITORED machine ... it's the internet usage of the mobile app (in my case on a Windows Phone) I am worried about. Even when I am not viewing PCMonitor, it seems to be connecting to the internet, as when I power on a monitored machine I get an alert. I was wondering if the is someway of disabling this background monitoring, as (data charges aside) it'll be an extra drain on the battery ...

• Administrators

1) In this case, you can also do it from the mobile app. Simply swipe the offline computer in iOS or long press in Android/WP7 - a remove option will appear.

2) The monitored machine is in permanent contact with the servers without doing too much traffic - this is part of the monitoring capabilities and cannot be disabled.

1) Great - done, thanks.

2) Sorry, there appears to be a little confusion, still. I am not concerned about the monitored machine. It is the MOBILE app, I am concerned about. It seems to me it is constantly connecting to the servers to update the machine status, which is a drain on my phone battery ... it would be nice to disable background connections, and only connect when the app is loaded up .....

• Administrators

The app is not connecting to any servers while it is in the background. We will check the app again and if this is happening it is a bug and it will be fixed in the next release.

• 1 month later...