3rd Party Patching

Andy Raybould

• Administrators

@David Can you please send me a pm with the scan_results and logs folders archived from the c:\program files\pulseway\patch directory? I'll look it right away.

@UTS Brian We're going to be adding an additional 9 software titles early next week and we're working on even more software titles as we speak.

-Paul

• Administrators
5 hours ago, David said:

Assume you mean the "\Patch" directory... I'll get onto this tonight.

Yes, I've corrected the post as well. Good catch!

-Paul

• Administrators

Thanks David. Looking at the logs it appears that we're reporting incorrectly to the server that the application is not supported when in fact there was no action to be performed as the product is either not installed or it's already on the latest version. We will correct this on the next release.

-Paul

• Administrators

Hi there,

We're releasing new software titles on the 26th of April and then mid May another batch. We aim to have a new batch of software titles every 2-3 weeks.

-Paul

DO NOT INSTALL THE 3RD PARTY PATCH DEMO - all of my OS patching ceased working, the best solution support can offer is to delete all 3rd party patch rules and hope it starts working again!

Edited by UTS Brian

• Administrators

Hey Brian,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced issues with the patching feature, rest assured that the development team is actively looking into the issue.

-Paul

20 hours ago, UTS Brian said:

DO NOT INSTALL THE 3RD PARTY PATCH DEMO - all of my OS patching ceased working, the best solution support can offer is to delete all 3rd party patch rules and hope it starts working again!

Another Engineer reached out to me, I am waiting for them to review the info I sent but it may just be the logging of updates has stopped and not the updates themselves.

• Administrators

Hey everyone,

After investigating all the cases we've determined that the patch policies are running as expected however there is an issue on the reporting feature. We have fixed the reporting bug and we will release an update in the next couple of days.

The main point to highlight is that the patching is done as scheduled but not reported correctly.

Thanks everyone for your support.

-Paul

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Hey everyone,

6.3.1 is out and it resolves the issue with the patch history.

-Paul

I can confirm the logging appears to be working now!

I also see you added some new software which is great but I have a request... with the licensing changes with Java its great we can remove it using Pulseway, but can you look at adding its free replacement OpenJDK? This would be very valuable as many Admins need to make this change soon.

• Administrators

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it works now :lol:.

We are having internal talks about OpenJDK, most likely we will be adding it to our catalog. In the meantime we will continue to provide update for the latest version of Oracle JDK 11.

-Paul

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 11:25 AM, Paul said:

Hi there,

We're releasing new software titles on the 26th of April and then mid May another batch. We aim to have a new batch of software titles every 2-3 weeks.

-Paul

Paul,

Any news on when the next batch of new software titles will be released? Thanks.