Full Remte Desktop for Read-only devices

Martin Stevnhoved

If a user (in a team) only has Read-only access to a system, the user also only have view-only Remote Desktop access.

We would like read-only users to have full access to Remote Desktop. Application supports should not be able to manage the server

If you don't like to change that behaviour,  you could implement a setting on the Remote Desktop module to allow read-only users full access to user-accepted Remote Desktop access sessions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hey Martin,

I can see the more requests showing up about implementing custom levels for sending various other commands like access to screenview or file browser only for certain teams so we'll consider extending the team access to certain features.

-Paul

• 8 months later...

Hi @Paul

Are you even considering this.

We are really interested in using the Remote Desktop feature for more people, to assist our customers. But they should not have (write/full) acces to managing the devices.
Is it possible to do some workaround to allow users with readonly-access to control a remote session. We already requires the end users accept.

This would really be great, and extend you tools from being only used by administrator, to also include supportteams.

Best Regards, Martin.

Edited by Martin Stevnhoved
Spell checking

• Administrators

Hi @Martin Stevnhoved,

This is already supported in our Remote Control feature. If your Pulseway user has read only access for a machine, remote control sessions will be in a view-only mode where they will not be able to send inputs, just view the screen in read-time.

-Paul

Hi @Paul.

I think we misunderstand each other. Perhaps I am not make myself clear enough.

I would like to make a group of users with only read access to managing devices, but being fully able to control sessions via Remote Desktop.
The application support people should not be able to manage the servers, but should be fully able to support the remote desktop users.

Best Rebards, Martin.

Edited by Martin Stevnhoved

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi @Paul.

This is really becoming a deal breaker.
It is really critical that we cannot let our support personal assist the end users by remote desktop, without granting full write access to the servers.

It would be so simple for you to implement an ekstra checkbox, and it would really enhance the security.
I would go so far, as to say that it currently is a mayor security risc.