Email Parser

dpbklyn

It would be awesome if the email parser went a little deeper.  Sometimes a client emails us directly and we forward that email to Pulseway to open a ticket.  The problem with this is that it opens the ticket using our company as the client. 

It would be great if we could get the parser to look in the email headers to find the address that the email originated from and use THAT to assign and client and user to the ticket.  There are other ticket systems that do this.

Alternatively (though not as elegant), It would also work to put a flag in the subject line like "@CLIENTNAME" to get the email assigned to the client.  Is there a way to do this with workflows?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chris,

I think you are misunderstanding the issue. example Customer sends an email to my work email (not support@ account, an account that doesn't go through Pulseway email parser) saying they have an issue. I then forward the email to my support@ account which goes through the Pulseway email parser. Now the ticket says it came from my company. This issue is common for us also. Mainly when we are out in the field and we forward the email to create a ticket so another available tech can work it.  

Edited by UTS-Mike

• Staff

Hi,

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to search for the email address from which this email was originated in to the email. It is match simpler to ask your customers to send emails to the help-desk in a first place and then manage them from there, because that is the whole purpose for this application. And then into the Pulseway PSA you have the option to create workflows which will assign tickets to correct queues and notify the technicians that the new ticket was created. Also, multiple technicians can work on the same queue and once they start to work on the ticket, then technician can assign that ticket to him.

Chris, that would be nice if customers only sent to support@ for example but most of us know that in reality customers send to our own personal email addresses.

My current ticketing system allows me to send the original email, using Forward as an attachment, and the ticket is allocated correctly. Some ticketing systems will check the original emails even if forwarded and allocate to the correct customer.

Pulseway PSA needs to address this in one form or another.

• Staff

Hi @Andy Raybould,

Have you tried to add multiple email parsers to your PSA instance (add your personnel email address so email parser can Pars emails from it)? You may try to create the separate folder in your inbox for these support request emails and then once you place an unread email in this folder, then IMAP will read this email and create a  ticket from it.

Please let us know how it goes.

I have resolved this is kind of a kludgy way...I have created an email rule that look for a particular code in the subject line of the email so if I put !CLIENT it will assign that ticket to a particular client.  it will not assign it to a particular user, but this is better than nothing.

On 2/23/2019 at 3:39 PM, dpbklyn said:

I have resolved this is kind of a kludgy way...I have created an email rule that look for a particular code in the subject line of the email so if I put !CLIENT it will assign that ticket to a particular client.  it will not assign it to a particular user, but this is better than nothing.

Can you share how you set up this rule? I'm sure it will help a lot of people like us facing the same issue.

From the responses above I really think Pulseway simply does not understand the issue and how common it is.

• 6 months later...

I know that this is an old thread, but the following workaround has worked for me in the past (with another PSA)...

Assuming that the support email box is an Exchange (or at least IMAP) mailbox, you can add that mailbox to the same email client as your direct email box.  When a user emails the support request to your direct inbox, you can simply copy or move the message into the support inbox (or what ever folder you designated in the PSA to scan/parse).  The email parser will "see" the email as if the client sent it to support@ and then create a ticket accordingly (it should then assign it to the correct client and user by parsing the from info).  Then you can "work" the ticket within the PSA.  When they start seeing replies from the PSA when you update the ticket (from support@), that might encourage then to start sending to support@ instead for future requests.

The act of physically copying the email message into the support inbox takes the same or less steps than your forwarding solution that didn't work as intended...

Hopefully this works for you.

If you don't like the idea of adding the support@ mailbox to your email client, the idea from Chris to add a new parser and have it scan a separate IMAP subfolder in YOUR inbox seems very feasable too.  You can then move the message from your inbox to this subfolder for the parser to scan...

Edited by Kyle
Added more context/info.