What websites to allow through firewall to get PCM to work

jlc_uk

Have installed PCM on sons machine - fantastic product.

However, his internet is time-scheduled, and when it turns off, PCM stops working.

What website(s) do I need to allow his machine to communicate with, to keep PCM working. My router can allow exceptions ...

• 2 months later...

Sorry for delay, busy busy life.

I have entered those as whitelisted sites, when trying to ping them from my sons machine during the internet blackout period, DNS is able to resolve *.mobilepcmonitor.*

However, as soon as the internet cutoff happends, his machine appears offline to my MPC on my phone.

What else do I need to enable/allow for his PC to be visible to MPC, even if the internet is cutoff ?

Hi, thanks for reply. Apologies for seeming a little slow on the uptake, but there must be a specific endpoint the software needs to "see" to allow it to report the status of the machine, and to control it ?

Currently, I am using a router, which allows me to set a time-based rule for specific machines to be able to access the internet. It also allows you to provide exceptions. My desire is to create exceptions which allow mobilepcmonitor to work. Currently, I've put *.mobilepcmonitor.* in, which allows access to any site with "mobilepcmonitor" in the address. This works, as when the machine is in a banned time, I can still ping those sites (I get no reply, but the DNS works).

Thanks for that. I suspect you have hit the nail on the head ... when web filtering is on, I cannot access the https:// site, despite the URL being whitelisted. I need to find out more about setting the router up.