Rules - Actions are no longer supported

B14CK_H4WK

Guys WTF is this. I specifically use pulseway to help automate solutions and fixes based on rules and now its not supported? What release was this removed? No wounder why i see such a influx of ticket now... Why is this function removed? I will gladly removed my subscription if this is the case

• Administrators

Hi there,

This feature was removed from the Pulseway Windows agent as it's coming up as a component of the upcoming automation module update where you will be able to setup custom event based triggers for Tasks. The rules functionality on the agent is now used only for sending notifications based on the conditions you've previously setup.

-Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it is fantastic that Pulseway is finally doing something with automation.  But why remove our only option to automate something before you release the new feature. No wonder I am not getting my backup notices any more.  I thought they were just working better.  Now I need to go look again and find a new way to automate the task. (Back to Zabbix to monitor our backups.)

One step forward, 3 backward. :angry:

Well, on the plus side, if I did not see this post I would have missed our backup issues for clients.

Edited by Gary Haberl

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Has this really still not been addressed??

We need to be able to automate tasks based on alerts.

Why did you remove this feature when the "replacement" feature is not ready? This makes absolutely no sense at all.

By all means replace this with a more advanced option WHEN the new one is ready but who's bright idea was it to remove this nearly TWO YEARS before the replacement is ready.

Absolute madness.