Asset info visible for offline systems

JCrawford-BT

Instead of performing necromancy on this older thread, I will raise this question again. Why can we not see asset info for offline systems? 

I know this is available through reports, but that's a ton of steps to go through when it's already readily available offline (since the Reports can search it) and it should just be visible. This has been a big gotcha (along with not seeing internal IPs without running a report or being able to copy/paste in remote sessions) as we moved from another tool to Pulseway. I've seen more than one thread about this, and each time the response is 'run a report'. Please stop brushing it off as 'RTFM' and provide the functionality we're asking for. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I agree 100% also.  This is the only program we use that "hides" information of offline systems.  If Pulseway would just say the system is "Off-Line" when looking at the data, then I think we are smart enough to know some information may not be valid any more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Has there been any word on whether offline asset information will ever be visible without having to run a report? I think this is a critical feature. Like other tools, I think all information should remain displayed when the system is offline (with the understanding it is not realtime, but archived from when it was last online) rather than everything disappearing when the system goes offline.

Also, I'm not sure if others have noticed this, but after a system is offline for more than a couple of hours, the status now changes to "Offline" instead of showing Offline and the time that it has been offline. Was this a change in the latest update? I seem to recall always seeing how long systems were offline in the past.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 9:58 PM, Continu IT Solutions said:

Yeah i am starting to agree with you. Do the developers even read these anymore?

I noticed last week that they recently added a "Request feature"-button on the What's new tab in Pulseway.. It seems to be a voting-system where customers can upvote features they want/need, add comments and the Pulseway staff can also add different tags depending on development status etc.

• 4 months later...

Not being able to spot simple data for offline systems is a huge pain the backside. I cannot fathom why this is such a hard change to make, just have offline systems display the same data as the online ones and put an alert or notification icon on it/make it red/fade out the details.

How is this fairly rudimentary option not already working? OP was near 3 years back now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Jamie Taylor

Can you or a member of the team update the roadmap then please? It hasn't been updated since Jan, and as I mentioned over here at https://forum.pulseway.com/topic/4294-clarification-around-upcoming-2fa-changes/?do=findComment&comment=15143, Some items have been developed and released 6months after planned, but it has not been updated to reflect that. 

It really is worth ensuring that the public roadmap is updated regularly, especially when some of the most required features (as voted for by Pulseway Customers) are not even on there! 

Thanks in advance, 

• 5 months later...