Where does returned data go?

Keith

This is more of a general script question about Pulseway.  There are a number of the built-in script that appear like they should return data. When I review the scripts they are PowerShell scripts that would return data to the screen.  I don't understand where the data is returned when they are run remotely via Pulseway.

Is there someplace that Pulseway returns the data from a script after it is run?  This would be super convenient but I surely cannot find this. 

Examples:

• List Installed Hotfixes
  • List System Restore Points
  • List Computers in the Active Directory

These are built in but I don't understand where the results are supposed to be returned????  Thanks in advance for your help.

• Staff

Hi All,

Yes, these scripts return the data. If you run one of these scripts on the system, then you will have the option to copy and paste the out put from these scripts after they have run. In order to do this please click on the entry for the last execution and then you will see the output from the script.

?name=inline-1070281113.png

Also you may check the execution history for the automated task.

Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding this.

• 8 months later...

I have a few questions.

How long is the output retained for? Can I change that retention time if it is too short.

Are there built in commands or settings to push these to the notification system? Primarily in the situation where error or warning appears in the output.

Thank you for your time!

Edited by David-

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @David-,

For the scripts we keep the data for the last 5 executions, however this information is lost as soon as we release an update for our systems or we reboot them, because this information is stored into the catch memory.