Applying Group Policy settings to Scopes

Hi

Getting used to, and liking, version 6. It's good to be able to apply policys to systems within Groups. However, as a lot of my clients are small, I have lots of small Groups. Is there a way to apply a policy, or individual setting to machines in more than one group e.g. applying to a scope for instance.

At the moment it's time consuming to make a change in each group.

Sorry - think this may have gone to wrong section...I'm not using Enterprise Server.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi,

Have you tried to apply the Pulseway Policies at the Site level and then all your groups of systems in that site will inherit the same policy. For more details regarding teh Pulsreway Group policies please check out the following link.

• 8 months later...

I'm just getting started with Policies and was hoping you could layer them, i.e. create a "base Servers" policy with most standard settings, then a "SQL Servers" and "Hyper-V" policies with only settings specific to those use cases which could then be layered on top of the base policies, ideally filtered by tags/metadata.

Looks like this isn't possible so I'm going to have to create a load of almost duplicate policies AND multiple groups to achieve the same which is a real shame.

Any chance of looking at this kind of functionality?