What is "Duplicate Alarm" section in PSA

Matt Wilson

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Chris said:

Hi Matt,

The Duplicate Alarms counter is increased if the same Alarm is repeating during the day from RMM for the same system. However this functionality is not supported by Pulseway at this time, however we are planning to ad it into the future release.

This would be a super handy system to have rather than having to delete the notifications to get further updates, i.e. successful backup notifications.

• 4 weeks later...

On 10/19/2018 at 5:09 AM, Martin_T said:

This would be a super handy system to have rather than having to delete the notifications to get further updates, i.e. successful backup notifications.

Just so I understand this correctly, if I do not delete a notification in Pulseway, I will not get that same notification again?  This seems like poor design.  Recently we had an important drive go below 10 storage space%.  I can go into Pulseway and view that notification, but unless I delete it then I will not get that important notification again.

Is there a way to set up multiple notifications for the same condition?  Let's say a drive goes below 10% storage space on Monday.  On Tuesday if the notification hasn't been viewed or deleted and the drive is still below 10% storage space, send out the notification again.

Edited by Clay Lovelace

• Staff

Hi Clay,

In this case you might set up multiple notifications for the same drive: for example one notification when the free space on the drive is less than 10%, the next one at 7% and the third one at 5%, therefore you will get 3 notifications for the same issue.

11 hours ago, Chris said:

Hi Clay,

In this case you might set up multiple notifications for the same drive: for example one notification when the free space on the drive is less than 10%, the next one at 7% and the third one at 5%, therefore you will get 3 notifications for the same issue.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the suggestion.  That will work perfectly.  I really should have thought of that.

• 2 months later...

When you add the functionality for duplicate alarm, it would be great if we could escalate the ticket based on the number of time a particular alarm is struck. Maybe this would be better functionality in the RMM.  "Only open a ticket if X happens 5 times in YY period."