User "Self Help" Portal

Dubs

Had an idea for a self help portal for users using Pulseway. I was looking through the API and didn't see any hooks to allow this; but what if admins could define a list of scripts that users could self-run on their systems through Pulseway. 

A good use case for this would be installing common apps like Google Chrome or doing a series of regular tasks like emptying recycling bins or clearing various caches. Basically giving users access to a set list of scripts that they can run on their own computers through Pulseway.

The place I'm currently working at would greatly benefit from this having several hundred users and the number of times we have to install a single app on individual computers is quite tedious.

I did not see anything like this listed as a feature or request. I do apologize if it is available and I just missed it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Dubs,

I'm not entirely sure what are you looking for. Pulseway is an agent based monitoring system, therefore you need to install the Pulseway agent on your system and then you will be able to monitor/manage it and run various scripts/scheduld tasks on that system. Please read more about the Automation from this article. Also, tasks can be triggered via the REST API.