Installed pulseway, uninstalled, now my system is borked

AzKat.Testing

I simply tried the system as I saw it getting advertised on LinusTechTips, but after installing it I saw that it doesn't have the features I needed so I uninstalled it.

Problem was after uninstalling it I kept getting system errors upon PC restarts and now some of my games simply stopped working, and to top it all off I noticed that my antivirus solutions had been turned off (malwarebytes and bitdefender).

Is this program a virus advertising itself as a remote viewing solution?

• Administrators

Hi there,

Thank you for trying Pulseway and taking the time to write your experience with it. Pulseway is not a virus and once it's uninstalled from your systems it will not leave anything behind. I can try to diagnose your system errors if you would post some screenshots or more information of what's happening.

PS: Pulseway will never interfere with 3rd party products so if your antivirus product has stopped it can be related to the fact that system errors are showing up after a boot.

-Paul

On 10/1/2018 at 11:40 AM, Paul said:

Hi there,

Thank you for trying Pulseway and taking the time to write your experience with it. Pulseway is not a virus and once it's uninstalled from your systems it will not leave anything behind. I can try to diagnose your system errors if you would post some screenshots or more information of what's happening.

PS: Pulseway will never interfere with 3rd party products so if your antivirus product has stopped it can be related to the fact that system errors are showing up after a boot.

-Paul

I've found out what the issue is.

It seems pulseway managed to broke all of my microsoft visual c++ instalations (all would give errors upon attempting to start them), so yes, pulseway IS interfering with 3rd party products.

As a matter of how certain I am this was caused by pulseway, well think about it like this, for the past 2+ years I haven't installed any product on my system, I only kept updating the products I had, and as soon as I installed and uninstalled pulseway these issues started surfacing.

This doesn't seem like a coincidence, so please let your developer team know that their product installation or uninstallation is breaking the following:

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64)

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable 4.0 Refresh

Tested via various games that would require one of each of those programs, it seems I had to reinstall all of them in order to fix this.

• Administrators

Hi there,

Pulseway will only install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (both x86) if you install the Kaspersky Endpoint Security product via Pulseway. I strongly believe that Pulseway was not the cause of your issues with starting games on your system. I have setup a Windows 10 Pro (x64) VM with all 4 (I couldn't find the 2015 4.0 refresh but I've installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3), then I've installed Pulseway and then I've tried running an application that was compiled with the toolset of c++ 2005, then another one with 2010 and then 2013 and finally 2015 and all worked perfectly fine. In order to fully reproduce your case I've also uninstalled Pulseway from that VM and tested the 4 c++ applications and they continued to work.

I would have liked to take a look at your system to see what happened but since you've reinstalled the applications and the problem is no longer present there isn't much to be done. I do appreciate that you've responded to this forum thread with the solution that worked for you.

-Paul