Archlinux package is broken, /sbin is deprecated

fallenpixel

Seems like the package for archlinux is broken. The package manger will refuse to install binaries outside of bin, and will not follow symbolic links. I searched the forum recommending to use the --force option, but this option has also been deprecated in favor of the --overwrite flag, which does not resolve the issue with your packaging. Can we get an updated package, please?

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Hi,

Yes, the arch package has been updated and works well on Arch linux. Not sure about the Manjaro. We'll setup an environment and test the installer.

Mark

[root@Arch64 ~]# uname -a
Linux Arch64 4.10.13-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 27 12:15:09 CEST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[root@Arch64 ~]# pacman -U pulseway-6.0.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
loading packages...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) pulseway-6.0.1-1

Total Installed Size:  8.66 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y

(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                            [###############################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                          [###############################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                               [###############################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                         [###############################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                                       [###############################################################] 100%

:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) installing pulseway                                                                                 [###############################################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...

[root@Arch64 ~]#

I managed to get it working: opened the package with Archive manager and deleted /usr/sbin - after that package installed without a problem. However i also had to install libidn11 package before the daemon would start. But i am disappointed there is no hardware sensor monitoring for Linux as this is the main feature i was looking for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Currently the hardware monitoring via SNMP is available only from the Pulseway agent for Windows, however we will consider the possibility to introduce this functionality into the future release.