Using [%Ticket URL%] field with advanced custom html email templates

Matt Wilson

I beat my head with this for a few hours tonight, so I wanted to post here in case anyone else needs it.

I am doing some custom html using css to make some kick ass email templates. I wanted to place the ticket url into the html but not show the link and control the hover link formatting. When I used [%Ticket URL%] in an existing <a href...blah blah blah> tag, it doesn't just insert the URL, it inserts its own entire href tag with the URL as the display text thus breaking the link. 

When I finally woke up, I realized to do this in your own custom html, you need to build the href link manually using the psa url and adding the [%Ticket ID%] field at the end. My finished code line looks like this:

<a style="color: #8db9e3;" href="https://psa.pulseway.com/MSP/TicketEdit.aspx?ID=[%Ticket ID%]"><span style="color:#adb3b9">Click here to open in Support Portal</span></a>

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by Matt Wilson

So after all of that, I realized it doesn't really work either, because the URL above requires the user to enter my company name. Serious bug issue. I have changed the URL to my company specific login url which includes my logo and no need to enter company name, but it won't take them directly to the ticket once logged in. 

Pulseway guys...are you aware of this?