To monitor antivirus

aerohard

• Administrators

Hello,

There are a lot of antiviruses avaiable on the internet, I don't think possible to monitor them all. Now you have two solutions:

1. Wait for the feature.
  2. Write a plugin to monitor action centre or your antivirus via their public api.

I wish I could have helped you further.

The event viewer was my firsr idea. But, I use mcafee, and not found nothig in the event viewer, when the antivirus is out of date. Another problem is if the virus stop the antivirus service, no write anithing in the register.

API is a great idea, but I do not have knowledge to write it. Probably someone could it reaches API for the usually antivirus Mcafee, Norton...

Regards.

WMI is the best way to monitor this I would imagine, that way it's not dependant on knowing about every Antivirus product. I am guessing Mobile PC monitor will eventually include the ability to view the Windows Firewall / Security Center status.

• Administrators

Sadly WMI doesn't cover Action Center, and it's sdk is very invasive. The best way to approach this is by implementing their own api one at a time.

It's time and resource consuming job.

Cool, with the link :)

So as you can see you can easilly with WMI check for which product is installed and if it is up to date, but not if the antivirus has detected a problem.

Tried this example and also in Powershell, works great.

Best Regards

Johnni