Pulseway app isn't sending notifications

itshero

I recently got a new phone, which is a Pixel 2 XL and I've noticed I never receive push notifications for when an alert is thrown out in the app.  I have had no issues with any other app throwing push notifications and have not modified any settings in how notifications are displayed on my device.

I am on Android v 9.0 currently if that matters.

Edited by itshero

• Staff

Hi @itshero,

Please doublecheck the settings (permissions) for the Pulseway app. Is it possible that you have selected the settings not to allow the Push notifications when you were asked about it after the installation? Also, please check the Pulseway app settings to see if these options are enabled.

If you want to reconfigure the Pulseway app on your phone, then please delete the storage for this app and reconfigure it.

• 2 weeks later...

Which version of Pulseway are you on? I've had this problem but only since being migrated to 6.0, now I get email notifications which I don't want and is turned off on the web app, and I no longer get push notifications which is turned on, tried toggling the options but no change.

Don't know if you managed to solve this but I recently had the same problem and it turned out that my phone had been deleted from the authorised devices in the Pulseway webapp, simply rebooted my phone and it re-registered with the webapp and started receiving notifications.

On 9/28/2018 at 5:43 AM, SyntechCS said:

Don't know if you managed to solve this but I recently had the same problem and it turned out that my phone had been deleted from the authorised devices in the Pulseway webapp, simply rebooted my phone and it re-registered with the webapp and started receiving notifications.

Not the case for me.  My device is listed on it.

• Staff

Hi @itshero,

Please make sure that the Push notifications are enabled for your account.

image.png.1fc73012241ee2e9c7eca4366896491d.png

And if this setting is enabled then delete the storage for the Pulseway app on your phone, delete the device registration from the Pulseway WebApp and then reinstall the Pulseway app and configure it.

Please let us know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hey everyone,

I've just found out that this is a more wide spread issue as it's affecting other apps as well. It appears to be due to an update: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/Nfqx7JT0J9g.

Go to Battery – Settings (three vertical dots) – Battery Optimization, open the All apps section from the drop down menu, go to Pulseway, and tap on “Don’t optimize.”. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this same problem. Setting the app to 'Don't optimize' did not resolve it. Also enabled 'unrestricted data access' and all notification settings are on (Allow interruptions, on lock screen, override DO Not Disturb).

I've had multiple times(in the past couple weeks) where things have went down on my server and I haven't received a single notification.

It started when I got a google pixel and installed pulseway.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, doesn't resolve anything. Also wasn't prompted for any permissions.

I've been using Pulseway for like 3 years now, but it's feeling really buggy right now.

Edited by kelton5020

@kelton5020

Indeed.  I posted on another thread because I never got a reply from a pulseway employee.   Apparently they acknowlege the issue, but they aren't getting a reply from their app devs. Obviously a big disconnect between support and their outsourced app developers!

Edited by itshero

I'm also having the same issue.  I've had the app for years and recently switched from a Pixel 2 XL (running Pie) to a OnePlus 6T (running Pie).  I no longer get notifications.  I have checked both the web app and the settings on the phone.  Nothing helps.  Honestly, the value of the service is greatly diminished without notifications.

Is Pulseway going to address this?

On 11/14/2018 at 11:32 AM, PulsedAway said:

I'm also having the same issue.  I've had the app for years and recently switched from a Pixel 2 XL (running Pie) to a OnePlus 6T (running Pie).  I no longer get notifications.  I have checked both the web app and the settings on the phone.  Nothing helps.  Honestly, the value of the service is greatly diminished without notifications.

Is Pulseway going to address this?

@PulsedAway

Their response has been that it is a bug... WITH the OS itself.  Not the case.  If that were the case my push notifications would be broken on all of my apps (and that is nowhere near true)  Pulseway is the only app with this issue on my phone.  

Hey everyone,

I've just found out that this is a more wide spread issue as it's affecting other apps as well. It appears to be due to an update: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/Nfqx7JT0J9g.

Go to Battery – Settings (three vertical dots) – Battery Optimization, open the All apps section from the drop down menu, go to Pulseway, and tap on “Don’t optimize.”. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

This does nothing. still no notefications ! 
Please adress this problem, just missed a larger problem i out setup, due to no allerts... i cannot relay on the app if this doesent work ! 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Hi Jacob,

Can you check in the WebApp under the Account -> Devices to see if the phone now displays Yes under the Push Notifications table column?

-Paul

@Paull this doesn't work.  My device is indeed listed.

Edited by itshero

• Administrators

I have removed the Pixel device registration from your account. Please open the app again to have it register again, you will get an email to confirm that the device was added to your account and then you should trigger a notification to see if you get it.

-Paul