After update all my agents lost connection

Matt Wilson

Hey guys, 

I'm sure you guys a swamped with the v6 release, I'm sure it will be one of the biggest leaps forward ever. 

I'm holding off on onboarding a new client to Pulseway because I don't want to do it twice. Any rough idea about when the release will come out? Is there a beta or RTM version available? Last post in fearure requests forum in mid-August said 2 weeks til release. Just curious where it is now?

Thanks, you guys rock!

• Administrators

Hi there,

It appears that there was an error while migrating your instance to the Pulseway 6.0. While we've taken steps to prevent this from happening some instances caused the agents to deconfigure. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes and we're working on setting up a KB article to automate the reconfiguration of your systems in one go.

Our main focus is to get you back online ASAP.

-Paul

• Administrators

Sorry for late update. Please use the following KB article to batch reconfigure your Windows systems: https://intercom.help/pulseway/agents/migrate-agents-to-use-an-authentication-token-via-psexec.

For macOS and Linux we do not remove the registration info, a simple restart of the systems (or restart of the Pulseway service) will do.

Due to the nature of the problem, it's not the 6.0 software that caused this but an error with a migration script on our database which was corrected a minute later but it was a minute too late. This caused the agents to stop and deconfigure so a software rollback will not restore the agents.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

-Paul

This was great for nodes that's in the building. 80% of my users are working on different trailers. We should at least make the older version of agents accessible so we can run the script to upgrade in the background. 

Part of the issue is that users don't have administrator rights on the computer. Now I have to provide admin password to the users. I'm sorry but I fail to see the fall back solution for this migration. Only reactive. 

Edited by Spirit