Why is asset info and other information not available when the asset is offline?

EndzoneHero

e.g. processor, ram, serial number

Pulseway has gathered that information, it is stored somewhere, it is useful information for supporting customers (whether the machine is on or off), it is available via the rather cumbersome reports  - so why is it not visible via systems or groups when the asset is offline?

Or am I missing a setting somewhere to make it visible?

Thanks
EndzoneHero

Offline (no asset info):

image.png.fd082d05c53c9c379ea90dd159ffba3d.png

Online (asset info!):

image.png.2137e9b21cff70678f5930334089175f.png

I never thought about it before. But your correct, we should be able to see that data, maybe a different color screen so we know it's down.

Wonder if its pulled live and that's why. That would explain why our RMM has so much traffic.

Hello everyone,

Pulseway collects asset information data once every 24 hours and it should not contribute much to the network traffic.

17 hours ago, EndzoneHero said:

e.g. processor, ram, serial number

all of the above data and many others can be accessed directly from the Reporting section (please look for any Asset or Audit related reports)

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:16 AM, MichaelS said:

Hello everyone,

Pulseway collects asset information data once every 24 hours and it should not contribute much to the network traffic.

all of the above data and many others can be accessed directly from the Reporting section (please look for any Asset or Audit related reports)

I know that information is available from the reports - but have you seen how cumbersome it is to run a report and see the results?

1. Click Reporting

2. Click Templates

3. Click Asset overview

4. Mouseover the report you want and find the Run button to click

5. Confirm Yes in the dialogue box that says 'are you sure you want to run the report?'

6. Click OK in the 'It's done' dialogue box

7. Click the eye icon on that report

8. Click the eye on the report instance that has been created

9. Click the view tab

10. search for your asset name in the report

And all that to see data an engineer just wants to be able to see when they are navigating Groups/Systems wanting to see what brand the machine they are looking for is or how much RAM it has?

A task they might do 10 times a day, or double/triple that?

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, Gary Haberl said:

I never thought about it before. But your correct, we should be able to see that data, maybe a different color screen so we know it's down.

Wonder if its pulled live and that's why. That would explain why our RMM has so much traffic.

It's not pulled live, it is available from reports, just not the normal Groups/Systems way of browsing machines

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, AndrewT said:

It really should be visible when the machine is offline. It sounds like the data is already available and not pulled in real time, so it should be just a matter of not hiding it.

100% agree Andrew T

Not only should this information be available when the machines are offline, we should also be able to build a view in the RMM like we can the PSA - so that we can see and make our own view of the assets with columns for RAM, brand, user etc

At the moment if I am in the RMM looking for the machine that John Doe uses, or all those with less than 8GB RAM, there appears no way to do it without the 10 step process to run a report as described above.

If I'm wrong please please let me know!

Cheers
EndzoneHero

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...