Pulseway Dashboard

Gary Haberl

In the Pulseway Dashboard (V 5.4.1) we are noticing servers showing as Offline and then they go back online in 1 or 2 min.

The issue is, the server is not offline.  First, we setup Pulseway to show servers RED when they go offline, and more important, I'm connected to the server working on it.  Then a few other servers show offline, and then go back online in 1 or 2 min. and this keeps cycling through our screen saying servers are offline at random.

Anyone else seeing this.....Very weird.

image.png.06c2b5db3be4c7751a791d9fde1ed4db.png

image.png.f207837646d3a3434fad24adb0141376.png

image.png.cdd9f4a209876b30222b7b6925ddfece.png

image.png.2b82c25ff25c458668785b90ad278969.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Garry,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, then please generate the trace.log file from one of these systems and then send it to us at support@pulseway.com, so we can investigate this issue.

In order to enable the Diagnostic logging, please open the Pulseway Manager on the remote system and enable the Diagnostic Logging under the Settings -> Diagnostics. After you've enabled the diagnostic logging, stop the Pulseway service, wait for 15 seconds and then start it. Leave it running until the issue gets reproduced and then send us the race.log file from the Pulseway's installations folder.

Chris/Gary,

Once I validated an account on one of our servers that wasn't an administrator account, the server's status on the dashboard changed from online to offline, even though it is still online and i am remotely connected to it. We haven't had this issue before, so I would assume it has something to do with the account validation.

When I went back and validated the admin account again on the server, it created a second entry in the dashboard (now we have 2 of the same server, one of which says it is offline and the other says online). As i am typing this another entry appeared on the dashboard. We have 3 of the same server on the dashboard now. How come one has a "Wake up" command on the web app, but the other doesn't??

Anyways, I just removed the offline servers and left the accurate (live) version..  Hopefully some of this info will be useful.

Also, whenever a workstation is on a VPN (some of our devices at our office) it appears as offline and therefore isn't being monitored. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks,

Will

I have noticed the same, occurring randomly a couple times a week. It may happen more frequently, but we only notice it that often. We have attributed it to a drop in response from Pulseway.

I will enable and send diagnostics.

23 hours ago, Will M said:

Also, whenever a workstation is on a VPN (some of our devices at our office) it appears as offline and therefore isn't being monitored. Is there any fix for this?

Hello Will,

Most probably the VPN is killing your local connection. See the following article from Microsoft's support forum.