MrBuzz2u

Notification for user Lock/Unlock Windows screen

I am looking for a way to track windows user logins/logouts...but many users only lock/unlock their desktop rather than log out.  Any other way to track this and receive notifications?  If notifications are not possible, how about a report that would gather this info?  Hoping to do this through Pulseway, but open to other options/apps as well.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

In order to monitor these events, you will need to configure the audit policy to log these events into the Windows event log and then you will be able to monitor these events via the event log filter from the Pulseway Manager -> Notifications -> Event Log. For more details how to configure it, please check the following article.

You will need to configure the monitoring for this event id 4624. Also, you may need to add some keywords get more specific notifications.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Reget
      Hello
      We have a dedicated controller at Pulseway. We have a couple of Windows Servers but one has showed itself as offline since yesterday.
      The Windows Server itself is up and running fine and the Pulseway service is running. I have tried this:
      Restart Pulseway Service (No problems)
      Unregister and Reregister System (Working Fine)
      Rebooted the server
      Communicationtest "telnet xxxx.pulseway.com 443" answering like it should
      Uninstalled Pulseway and removed the registry key "ComputerIdentifier" then reinstalled
      Uninstalled Pulseway again and removed the whole Hive "MMSOFT Design" from registry and reinstalled Pulseway.

Seems like no matter what I do the server is Offline in Pulseway controller at web and IOS.

Do you have any suggestions to point me in the right direction?

Kindly
      Mikael
    • By dpbklyn
      Hello and TYIA~
      I am trying to put together a work flow that will hold a ticket for 7-days once we believe it is complete.  Once assigned to a particular status, I would like the ticket to stay open for 7-days, then if there are no further updates, close itself.
      Does anyone have anything like this they wouldn't mind sharing?
    • By dpbklyn
      Hello and Thank you in advance.
      What is the best way to setup monitoring on an agent and then push that agent out to all desktops?  Would doing an EXPORT/IMPORT on Group Policies accomplish this? 
      Thank you,
      dp
    • By kasey.tomasek
      I've noticed lately that when I have a remote session live on a machine, my local keyboard input is not being accepted in items such as Notepad, Chrome, Outlook, etc. This seems fairly system wide and I'm not always able to replicate the problem. This is likely something to do with the keyboard forwarding method, but I can't isolate this myself. Also, this does occur on several different machines - not one workstation in particular. As soon as I close the remote session, the keyboard functions normally in my local Windows 10 environments.
      Good luck with this one - it seems very transient.
    • By Quenten Grasso
      Hey Guys,
      It would be great if we had some integration with https://chocolatey.org for windows package management, its basically like apt-get or yum for windows which seems a lot better IMHO then ninite type solutions. 
      Having its own tab under group policy for example to install selected apps across multiple machines and keep them updated within patch windows for example. This would be a huge benefit for Pulseway if done well.
      https://chocolatey.org/about
      https://chocolatey.org/pricing at only $3/year per machine its pretty competitive pricing.
      Cheers,
      Quenten