MrBuzz2u

Notification for user Lock/Unlock Windows screen

I am looking for a way to track windows user logins/logouts...but many users only lock/unlock their desktop rather than log out.  Any other way to track this and receive notifications?  If notifications are not possible, how about a report that would gather this info?  Hoping to do this through Pulseway, but open to other options/apps as well.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

In order to monitor these events, you will need to configure the audit policy to log these events into the Windows event log and then you will be able to monitor these events via the event log filter from the Pulseway Manager -> Notifications -> Event Log. For more details how to configure it, please check the following article.

You will need to configure the monitoring for this event id 4624. Also, you may need to add some keywords get more specific notifications.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy Raybould
      Hi
      Just running a ping -t command via terminal on a remote device using Pulseway. 
      Normally to halt it I would do Cntl+C to stop it, locally.
      Can't see how to do this using the Pulseway app.
      Sorry - have just found the close session command which terminates the Terminal session.
      Problem solved!
    • By MakoLogics
      Hello I keep getting a ton of alerts daily for Windows Defender, they show up as important updates. I run the Web Root AV on all my clients so I would love a script to disable Windows Defender on all machines. It would take for ever to do hundreds of machines manually.

Thank you.
    • By MakoLogics
      Is there a way to change settings in each of the desktop clients via the web?
      See image below for example.

• By itshero
      I am having trouble connecting to workstations via the dashboard, as well as the remote desktop application.  Getting error "The agent failed to start the rd session."
    • By cesarius
      Hello,
      since some days my hard disk drives don't spin down anymore while not in use. I tracked the problem down with process monitor and found out that the PCMonitor Service is accessing the drives every minute through the WMI Provider Host Service (wmiprvse.exe).
      I disabled in Pulseway the storage notification of local disk space on all drives but it did not help.
      As soon as I disable the Puleway service, the disks spin down after the configured laps of time as they should do.
      I'am using Pulseway since some years, but the problem occured recently and was not there before.
      Thanks for your help.
      Michael