App version 5.4, Pixel XL, stock ROM

Jim RSI

• Administrators

Hi Jim,

First of all the Pulseway app doesn't need to be started for you to receive PUSH notifications. The fact that you're not getting any PUSH notifications after you close the app is not intended and we're going to be investigating this issue and come back at you as soon as I get an update.

-Paul

• 5 months later...
On 4/9/2018 at 8:03 AM, Paul said:

Hi Jim,

First of all the Pulseway app doesn't need to be started for you to receive PUSH notifications. The fact that you're not getting any PUSH notifications after you close the app is not intended and we're going to be investigating this issue and come back at you as soon as I get an update.

-Paul

I don't get notifications on Pixel 2 XL either... what gives?  Everything is setup on my account fine all other apps on my phone that are setup to receive notifications do.

• Administrators

Hi there,

I've checked your account and I can see that everything is setup properly (I see that it was registered 27 minutes ago). Can you try again to see if PUSH notifications are sent to your Pixel 2 XL or they only reach out your iPhone and iPad?

-Paul

21 hours ago, Paul said:

Hi there,

I've checked your account and I can see that everything is setup properly (I see that it was registered 27 minutes ago). Can you try again to see if PUSH notifications are sent to your Pixel 2 XL or they only reach out your iPhone and iPad?

-Paul

Paul,

I did not receive any notifications when they popped up.

• Administrators

Hey everyone,

I've just found out that this is a more wide spread issue as it's affecting other apps as well. It appears to be due to an update: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/Nfqx7JT0J9g.

Go to Battery – Settings (three vertical dots) – Battery Optimization, open the All apps section from the drop down menu, go to Pulseway, and tap on “Don’t optimize.”. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

-Paul

On 9/14/2018 at 2:18 PM, Paul said:

Hey everyone,

I've just found out that this is a more wide spread issue as it's affecting other apps as well. It appears to be due to an update: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/Nfqx7JT0J9g.

Go to Battery – Settings (three vertical dots) – Battery Optimization, open the All apps section from the drop down menu, go to Pulseway, and tap on “Don’t optimize.”. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

-Paul

Paul,

I tried this with no success. Also tried other recommendations on that thread.  

• Administrators

Hi there,

We've sent an email to the android developers support but we didn't get any response yet. Due to the nature of this issue, there is nothing we can do about it as it's an OS bug.

-Paul

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

We share your pain as all our Android 9 devices are experiencing the same issue. We don't even get notifications from gmail. No response from the email we've sent to android support.

-Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i am Havning  same problem on Oneplus6 running Android p.... IT seems like some changes had to bedste made in the notefikationer u send... As other app push message works fine... 

Please take this problem serrius... Er missede a critical server error today due to No message... 

The app see the message fine but u have to check your self 

On 11/7/2018 at 11:33 AM, Paul said:

We share your pain as all our Android 9 devices are experiencing the same issue. We don't even get notifications from gmail. No response from the email we've sent to android support.

-Paul

Hey Paul , what makes u Think this is an os bug ? Other push messages Work fine for me... IT is just the pulseway push that forsent work

Need help debugging ?