PSA: Bulk Edit Hardware Assets

Martin_T

One thing that I would really like to see is the ability to bulk edit Hardware Assets, it might be okay to edit a couple dozen manually but when you have hundreds, or thousands of them sat in your system, I doubt very much that anyone will have the patience to edit each of them individually.

Cheers,

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2018 at 11:28 AM, Paul said:

Hi Martin,

We can help you write a script that will update your hardware assets using the REST API: https://psa.pulseway.com/api#hardware-assets-put-hardware-asset. What sort of changes would you like to perform?

-Paul

We'd really just like to associate all our hardware assets with the appropriate client so it doesn't keep showing up as our company name :) 

+100 here.

There has to be a way to automatically associated hardware with the proper company name.  I am also tired of editing hardware all the time.  In the PSA, maybe add another tab in the customers (next to Email Domains) that asks for "RMM Groups".

On 11/04/2018 at 4:04 PM, Gary Haberl said:

+100 here.

There has to be a way to automatically associated hardware with the proper company name.  I am also tired of editing hardware all the time.  In the PSA, maybe add another tab in the customers (next to Email Domains) that asks for "RMM Groups".

Yeah, that's not a bad way to do it at all. The email parser does such a good job at assigning stuff correctly, I can't see it being a major problem to match up similar data from the RMM/

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...