Tickets - Cc'd replies create new tickets

Martin_T

• 1 month later...

I can indeed, I got my colleague to reply to a ticket I made and CC'd him into. If I reply, the original ticket gets updated, if he replies a new ricket with "Re:" prepended to it gets created. 

test.PNG

On 30/03/2018 at 2:27 PM, Chris said:

Hi Martin,

Is there the ticket number in the subject line for those emails? #number#  I do not see it?

We've never had a ticket number show in the Title field, but yes, the engineer with whom I tested it simply replied directly to the email generated with "test". 

• Administrators

Try adding the [%Ticket Number%] tag to the email template to see if this resolves the issue. We'll consider adding a header that includes the ticket number so you don't have to keep the ticket number in the email subject.

-Paul

On 09/04/2018 at 2:09 PM, Paul said:

Try adding the [%Ticket Number%] tag to the email template to see if this resolves the issue. We'll consider adding a header that includes the ticket number so you don't have to keep the ticket number in the email subject.

-Paul

Hi Paul,

I had a look in the templates and they all appear to have [%Ticket Number%] in the subject line anyway. 

Cheers,

Martin

33 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Hi Paul,

I had a look in the templates and they all appear to have [%Ticket Number%] in the subject line anyway. 

Cheers,

Martin

We did run a test after changing the formatting a little and got the following:

pulseway.PNG

Have you had any thoughts as to what might be causing this? I'll give you the steps I took to replicate the issue:

1. Created ticket by emailing our helpdesk address with my colleague CC'd into the initial email. 
  2. Automated ticket creation email gets sent to both myself and my CC'd colleague
  3. Colleague replies directly to ticket creation email
  4. New ticket is generated in PSA
  5. Colleague recieves new automated ticket creation email

This is a problem when clients email in with an issue with people CC'd into it, any replies they make get turned into new tickets and don't get added to the current support case. This is especially tricky when we're collaborating with vendors.

Many thanks,

Martin

I think Pulseway should roll this fix into a new feature of adding more than one person to outgoing ticket emails. 

If a ticket comes in, they need to capture all CCd emails and add them to ticket email correspondence instead of the one person adding the ticket.

Then we could add more than one person to each ticket for notice emails.