Import Invoices into QuickBooks

Gary Haberl

Hi,

I created a quote, and followed the process to importing the final invoice into QUickbooks and I get the following error.

2/3/2018 6:17:41 PM-Invoice# Inv_3 - Failed to Add Line Item (3-Port Hubble wall plate) - Missing Income Account Reference - Check your Billing Configuration.

The issue is that I did not use the Inventory to create the quote at first.  I just used Items and filled parts and prices there.  I noticed I can not add Income or Expense accounts to the items I enter under "Items" in the quote.

My question.  How to I set a default Income and Expense account for "Items" in a quote so I can import the invoice into Quickbooks?  Or did I miss how to tell the PSA what Income / Expense accounts to?

Gary

Thank you Chris.

But, when you do a Product Quote, and do not have inventory items, you can click on the "Items" tab and input items from there " Add/Edit SO Free Item ".  You can give it a name, QTY, price, etc.  But you can not attach it to an Expense or Income account.

Then when you push the Quote to a Sales Order, Post and Invoice all works well. But you can not import that invoice into Quickbooks as the items do not have income accounts associated to them.

I was wondering if there is a way to set a default Income and Expense account that will catch these items so the QuickBooks import will work.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Gary,

Items are made for Free Data Entry and they are not structured and they can not have Expense Account. You will need to create them first in QB before you do the Sync or uses the Product Items as a more structured way of doing this.

Gary,

How we got around this was by creating  "Miscellaneous Hardware" "Miscellaneous Software" and "Miscellaneous Service" items and changing the Description to suit as we quote and invoice.  Because our income accounts are split in this manner this allow us to quote or invoice for anything by using these items.

• 2 weeks later...