Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus

Matt

For the last couple of days, computers have been reporting the definition updates for Windows Defender as important or critical. Previously, they were recommended, which would not trigger an alert. The previous rating worked much better since they come out multiple times a day and are almost always quickly, successfully and automatically installed by Windows. Is there anything that can be done to stop an alert every time Windows Defender has a definition update?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, great to see an action regarding this so fast but unfortunately it does not really solve the problem. I still want to be alerted for critical and important updates but not for Windows Defender Updates that are a couple hours old. Would it be possible implement a grace period for Updates to be available without alert? This would also be very helpful for servers that are not patched every day. So if I could be alarmed for updates that are available for more than 12 hrs, 1 day or 1 week etc. whatever I choose.

I kind of hate to script stuff to fix features I pay for.

Thank you for your consideration.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree, this is overwhelming for us and I will be forced to only use critical option only. Is there an option to change this on the web portal so I don't have to log into every machine and change the setting in the app.

Edited by MakoLogics

• 4 months later...